A skill link plugin that allows two actors to link skills, but only with specific actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What I want is in the title. Here's an explanation:

Actor 1 can only link skills with Actor 2 and vice versa. If they try to link with Actor 3 or 4, it won't work. Likewise, Actor 3 can only link skills with Actor 4 and vice versa.

For example:

In battle, Actor 1 attempts to link their Fire skill with Actor 3's Earth skill. Since they can't link skills with each other, it doesn't work. But, when Actor 2 attempts to link their Fire skill with Actor 2's Water skill, they combine together to create Steam Blast.

Hopefully this gets across what I'm trying to say. Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance to anyone who's willing to help!

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
This has no chance of ever being fulfilled because it's overly vague.
You should write a detailed explanation of how you want the system to work, not just a vague idea if you actually want that thing done.
Plugin writers can't read your mind: you should provide a detailed step by step explanation of how you want the plugin to work, what rules for linking you want and the customization that you need, also provide ample visual aid if you need UI changed.

Your requests reads as this now: "I want you to design and make a generic combo system for me, thanks!"
The way it's written right now and imagining you could do it, would you take your request if you could ? I bet you wouldn't.

Any programmer who reads this is going to look away, because even if what you ask is simple, which it probably is, with no details we risk creating something you didn't actually ask for. No one wants to work on something that will never be used.

Doing that will increase your chance that someone will do it from 0 to not 0, which is nice, but in no way guarantees someone will take the request though. Remember you are asking a stranger to work for you for free, a real human being spending hours of life not a random bot on the internet.

Lastly I advise you to read this thread, which will help you with all future requests:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/convince-strangers-to-write-scripts-for-you.8197/

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eysi