JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, Everyone! Jac here. I'm new to Scripting and I am trying to learn things. Of course, I'd like to know if there is a Skip Command for Movies. I actually manage to make it so that the video would play before the Title Screen but realize if I made the video any longer than it is, it would be a pain to keep Play testing. Lol. Good thing 9 seconds isn't much. And truth be told, I don't really want to use anymore scripts made by others. I'm really in it to learn the codes for now. Yes, I'm making a game. The game will be free once it's done. I mean, nobody likes to play an incomplete game that lead them to nowhere, right? Lol. When I first started, I seriously had no idea what to do or anything. Actually, I still don't. Lol. But I'm exploring. I don't normally get into coding, especially Ruby but I find myself wanting to learn more. Of course, and again, I'd like to know how to set up a Skip Command using the Escape button to get out of the movie and into the Title Screen. I know this is possible. And I've seen others with similar scripts but I couldn't learn anything myself to do that. If I can't learn it, I can't get anywhere. Yes, I even went as far as looking up "Scripts for dummies" and whatnot. Lol. But while I'm learning other things, I was hoping to get your opinions on what would be best.

I seriously hope I'm in the right forum this time! This thread doesn't want to move! It loves you!
(Is this convincing? No? Fine... I'll go sit in a corner over there, knocking my head against the wall like a crazy loon...)

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JacSkulls Why do you want this topic closed? Did you find a script that does what you need? (If so, please post a link to the script here so that people with the same question can see what they'll need!)

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JacSkulls Why do you want this topic closed? Did you find a script that does what you need? (If so, please post a link to the script here so that people with the same question can see what they'll need!)
My Apologies, Wavelength! I wasn't getting any replies for this topic so I created a different one! I think this topic is still too complicated or maybe I explained it wrong. So I thought maybe it would be best to close this topic. To be honest, I'm learning Ruby Scripts for RPG Maker VX Ace. Hoping to find simple solutions to things that doesn't need a long list of scripts and just alter the Objects/Windows/Scene area. (I added a new game to test these things out) I also asked a different question about the same thing so maybe I'll get my answers there since I got someone who actually replied to that one. I figured it was better to try and close this topic in return. If you don't think this topic need to be close, that's okay too. I was trying to respect the community by not leaving old questions up and just close them until I learned more about what I need to do. (I have a lot to learn! Lol)

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Don't get me wrong! I went through enough threads to realize I hate unanswered questions! So I WILL post the answers once I get them!

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wasn't getting any replies for this topic so I created a different one
1. You need to be patient
2. You should not make multiple threads for the same thing.
3. double posting is against forum rules.

We are all investing our personal time here helping others. We are not paid for any help we provide. You need to make a thread with your question and wait. Then after 72 hours you can bump your thread.
If you get no answers then either those that could help are busy with their own projects or real life, or people just don't know. People may not have seen your thread either. I don't look at every thread. Just the ones I am interested in.

If you want this thread to close because you have another one that you would rather have answers on, then go ahead and report your original post.
I think I know what thread this is related too. So I would say close this one and carry on with the other.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We are all investing our personal time here helping others. We are not paid for any help we provide. You need to make a thread with your question and wait. Then after 72 hours you can bump your thread.
If you get no answers then either those that could help are busy with their own projects or real life, or people just don't know. People may not have seen your thread either. I don't look at every thread. Just the ones I am interested in.
You're right. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was against Forum rules. I just learn fast so I'm easily impatience. I will not make the same mistake again.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JacSkulls No worries, you're fine. :) I think I see what's going on - you wanted to make the script yourself so you're learning it from square one in Learning Ruby/RGSS. In that case, I'll go ahead and close this for you. If you find out something that will solve the problem later on, and you want to add it here (for people who have the same issue), just Report your own post and ask for the thread to be reopened so that you can post a solution. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tauron7