Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
hi ^^

i'm testing the latest version of falcao pearl ABS (i suppose it's fairly famous amongst vxa users so i assume you know what i'm talkin about :p )

so far pretty awesome, i just need some help with a couple of features, so here are my questions:

1- Is there a way to make enemies NOT respawn at all when dead? (just to clarify, i'm aware i could simply put on a selfswich which makes them disappear, but if i do that they never drop any items)

2 - related to the above question; is there a script call to manually respawn enemies?

3- i know there is a "enemy tag" that gives a chosen variable a +1 when said enemy dies, is there a way to rise more than 1 variable, and most importan is there a way to give that variable a +X (different from monster to monster)?

i don't know much about scripting but i think i might be able to modfy some lines so...

well, thanx in advance for any kind of help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
im bumping this old topic of mine, 'tho i no longer need help with issue n°3 (the variable thing)

i still could use some help with the respawn thing, and i also came across another problem:

i used the script call PearlBars.enemy_auto(id) to show a boss HP bar, now, for plot reasons you are intended to lose that fight, the problem is that the boss hp bar still remains on screen even when i warp to a different map, so how do I turn that off? :p

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If they respawn automatically, why would you need to manually respawn them? 

Otto

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
cause I want them to respawn only when I tell them to (specifically when you reach a save point in the game, similar to the bonfire in the "dark souls" series).

I already edited some small lines in the script to make so that when the respawn timer reaches 0 nothing happens and they don't come back, now I need to find out how to set the respawn manually, i dunno much about scripting but i'm pretty sure there must be a call script or something like that

Openworld

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know nothing about scripting so this probably won't work, but couldn't you just call common event (respawn) if the player attempts to light a fire. By the way, I was wondering if you could show me how your bonfire lighting event worked. I've tried making a bonfire that can be lit and then goes out after 5 minutes so the player can relight it, but I've failed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Openworld, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

The last post here was over 18 months ago, so the query is almost certainly either solved or no longer relevant.

As for your own question about the bonfire, please make a new thread in the Support forum for the engine you are using. Include a description of what you have already tried. Post a screenshot of the event page(s) without cropping them, as we need to see the information on the left of the page as well as the commands. Use Alt+PrtSc so that only the active window is included in the screenshot, not your whole desktop, otherwise it is hard to read the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have an idea, I am making low polygon 3D resources for a package in itch. but it occurred to me that I could export these as images and make MV / MZ compatible tilesets. What do you think of this?
I hate seeing threads where less-experienced user's ask for an opinion of their project, and the thread is full of negative feedback by others who are clearly not the target audience. I feel bad for the OP, and I hope they understand that no game can appeal to everyone. :frown:
Hm, just found out I can't use loops, yay.
-Ele
I just wanna Covid to be over and I have my normal life back... Feeling so bad these days, what can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mechupalapinga