Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Rescore type: Character sprite

Concept art for character:
d1-6.pngas

I have no idea how to make a character sprite for this lad. His body is cat, spider, and nightmare fuel. The thing is, I don't even need a walking sprite... he's a supernatural entity, the guy may just teleport around for all I know. :)

Edit: MY ATTEMPT
as you can see..... yeah
1614557231114.png

Last edited:

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not a pixel artist per se but I have a ridiculously huge collection of charsets and I'm a semi-decent frankenspriter: what does the art style of most of the sprites in your game look like? I don't wanna find something that perfectly represents that uh...that thing...and have it be in completely the wrong style.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am using the POP! tiles
I'm not a pixel artist per se but I have a ridiculously huge collection of charsets and I'm a semi-decent frankenspriter: what does the art style of most of the sprites in your game look like? I don't wanna find something that perfectly represents that uh...that thing...and have it be in completely the wrong style.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its about walking sprites..

making it a "big monster" that has only frontview stepping animation , would be pretty easy ..
(just edit the legs to make it move)

also upview would be not much work..
(just change the head and make little edits on the legs/feet)
but SV(left/right) could get a bit harder

(and of course resize the whole img to the wanted sprite size..)

cheers

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hokay here's a spidercatdemonmonkey thing in a format that probably won't 'splode into flames of eyegouge used in conjunction with VexedEnigman's POP!Horror gfx...something like this perhaps?

$nosliwpilf.png
credit aekashics.moe if you use it: don't have to credit me unless you feel like it. only the center image is complete, but if you like it I can animate it (front facing only, so just the two cells to the left and right there, the ones that still aren't quite done) ...when I get around to it.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hokay here's a spidercatdemonmonkey thing in a format that probably won't 'splode into flames of eyegouge used in conjunction with VexedEnigman's POP!Horror gfx...something like this perhaps?

View attachment 181276
credit aekashics.moe if you use it: don't have to credit me unless you feel like it. only the center image is complete, but if you like it I can animate it (front facing only, so just the two cells to the left and right there, the ones that still aren't quite done) ...when I get around to it.
That looks nice! Can I have the link to the original sprite?

Last edited:

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATE: I was able to make a sprite that woks well enough
1614565972285.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew! logged back. Seems I was too occupied with 3D learning (yeah for RPGM purposes) creating IRL space, trying to grow catnip, dealing with health and DC is good. (so MrC) ^^
Currently trying to add items in the same style as Kyrise's excellent icons. I like having a large variety of items :3 KyriseandMe.PNG
Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ziaz82