A starting point for new users (V1.2)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I really liked Crysalis. I wish it were a little longer, but I trust the authors choice. I tried to play Knight Blade but I get I'm missing rgss103e. Darn. I was wanting to play more. lol. Well, Good going on crysalis and if anyone knows where to get rgss103e, take few minutes to reply. good day everyone!

Try installing the XP trial and see if that helps
It doesn't, but some of the games with that missing file can be found listed here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/40727-cannot-start-knight-blade-demo-game/

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
RM95, RM2K: Older PC RPG Makers that have no legal English versions (only pirated translations) and are not supported by Degica or on these boards
Again, update this now that RM2k is out?

(Sorry, it's always little things like this that bug me :p )

Last edited by a moderator:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Thank-you Andar you gave me lot to think plan tonight. :)

Kerst

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I wanted to add custom tile sets but the videos I've watched aren't clear on how they got them. I didn't see download buttons anywhere so I'm pretty confused. I also wasn't sure where to submit this. Just bought the bundle.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I wanted to add custom tile sets but the videos I've watched aren't clear on how they got them. I didn't see download buttons anywhere so I'm pretty confused. I also wasn't sure where to submit this. Just bought the bundle.
If you have a question, please make a new topic in the support area of your maker version.
That said, tilesheets are either purchased from the shop or saved from the internet site where they are displayed - they're nothing but images, and you can simply save them from your browser display.

Kerst

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you have a question, please make a new topic in the support area of your maker version.

That said, tilesheets are either purchased from the shop or saved from the internet site where they are displayed - they're nothing but images, and you can simply save them from your browser display.
Oh okay man, thanks for the help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added Link to my tutorial-blog to the first post. Added RMMV and GGM to the program list in the second post

I consider this starting point now complete, further tutorials and tips will be linked or posted in the blog (I try to add something there every week, you can follow that blog to get notification on those)

I also made a tutorial about bughunting last week for those that missed that - it's linked in the blog and posted under non-maker specific tutorials

(The blog is also linked in my signature if you don't want to scroll back to the first post)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Your blog posts are thorough and to the point. Very helpful.

cloa513

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried to run Chrysalis but although it extracts to the folder fine but the game errors out and trying to open the proj file says unexpected file type. So what is a good alternative? 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to run Chrysalis but although it extracts to the folder fine but the game errors out and trying to open the proj file says unexpected file type. So what is a good alternative? 
This sounds as if either the download was damaged or you tried to open/play from inside the archive.

Please redownload and re-extract and test again - I can't check the original download at the moment because I'm not at my own computer.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

This sounds as if either the download was damaged or you tried to open/play from inside the archive.

Please redownload and re-extract and test again - I can't check the original download at the moment because I'm not at my own computer.
This can happen if you are running both Ace full version and Ace Lite from the same computer. At least we experienced something like this frequently in that environment.

Sigmma

Dragon's Fire
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Can i use this manual, even if i will only use RM MV? 

I Know that it can be helpfull for all, but i mean the sample game's  part.

There is no sample game for RM MV, can I learn something with these?

The engine in VX Ace and RM is simillar? 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can i use this manual, even if i will only use RM MV?
MV is mostly identical to Ace on the event level, so the answer is yes.
There are a few differences, but most differences should be obvious and not blocking any game development.

Main differences are on the script level (absolutely incompatible) and in performance/deployment

Sigmma

Dragon's Fire
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
MV is mostly identical to Ace on the event level, so the answer is yes.

There are a few differences, but most differences should be obvious and not blocking any game development.

Main differences are on the script level (absolutely incompatible) and in performance/deployment
Thx !!! Just starded the download of VX Ace trial and the Crysalis

yuisister

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
still a newbie but i'm very glad for read to post

JRich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So many basic questions I was afraid to ask were answered by reading this post. Thanks!

Conday

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome guide, Andar! it has been super helpful in trying to learn RPG Maker for the first time.  I do have a question on point 14, backing up our data.  Since I'm using RPG Maker MV, my basic understanding is that the scripts you linked are not compatible with the plugin system of MV.  I tried searching for a backup plugin for MV, but was unable to find one.  Do you know if there is a plugin to backup data for MV, or has one simply not been created yet?  Thanks.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sorry, I don't know of any such script - but I haven't had time to check the plugin repository lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

• Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
    There’s a beehive in my wall
    Just finished my midterms! Freedom! Alright, back to gamedev!
    I confirmed my train ticket yesterday. I'll be heading to Orlando on the 29th... last time I went, I found this little treasure!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SpunkySpade