Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again.

Since a very long time I thought of a state, that -as long as it is active- negates the effects of certain other states without removing them, meaning that the other states remain on the target effectless but still count down etc.

An example:
-The target has the states "barrier", "Regen" and "Haste" active, and now the state "Curse" is added to these.
-The "Curse"-state has the effect to nullify the effects of all states with the state-category "positive", but it will not remove them.
-Now, the "barrier", "Regen" and "Haste"-states do not have an effect anymore, but they still count down until they run out.
-But if the "Curse"-state is removed while the other states are still active, they will gain their effects back.

My questions are now:
Can this be done in a way? (I use the YEP-library ^^)
And is this possible on states that have their effects not defined by notetags but only within the traits-section?

Note:
I could emulate such effect on 3 states by using this code (the red lines) found in one of YanFly's videos, but it does not work on all states and I am sure that there might be a better solution than this.
Code:
<Custom Confirm Effect>
if (!user.isStateAffected(5)) {
  if (this.isSkill() && user.skillMpCost(this.item()) > 0 && this.isMagical() && value !== 0) {
  value = Math.ceil(value * 1.50);
  user.removeState(45);
  }
}
</Custom Confirm Effect>

I am grateful for any help and suggestions I may get on this
Thank you :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:
6 more weeks of this nutty semester. Then maybe I'll have time to game make. After I curl up and sleep for a day or two that is.
Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy