A story behind your avatar

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by TheoAllen, Mar 26, 2018.

1. iVale

iVale Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mines an old piece of concept art I did for an rpg maker project last year... it was all I had on hand when I was making this profile haha

starlight dream likes this.
  2. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Mine is a headshot showing characters from my book jackalopes. It is Tymor the Trickster (sort of the main mascot of my stories and games) with his wife and children. Full image:
    [​IMG]

3. Tuomo L

Tuomo L Oldbie Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's the main character from my game Adventures of Dragon. I just thought it looked neat and made it my avatar.

That's the end of the story.

4. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is the game icon from my horror game Ouroboros that I am currently working on. Thought it would be kind of uniform to change all my Avatars to it when the demo was released.

Frogboy likes this.
  5. Arisa

Arisa probably dead Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    WELL THIS IS THE STORY ALL ABT HOW MY LIFE GOT- no

Actually, my avatar is a genderswapped OC I drew for a friend.

djDarkX and kaukusaki like this.
  6. Tsukunex

Tsukunex Noblesse Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is an icon from a popular manwah known as Noblesse, which is about about vampires, werewolves, and genetically modified humans. The reason I selected it is because I identify with Raziel (one of the main character's of the series) in terms of personality and background.

kaukusaki likes this.
  7. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My avatar is my persona, Hex, coming out of demon form. It's probably going to change to something game-related soon, though.

TengHu likes this.
  8. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Eh, mine is simple and silly. I use it everywhere these days.

It's from an old Newgrounds series (you can find it on YouTube these days much easier) titled "There She Is!!!". It has no words, only delightful non-English music. It tells the love story of this bunny rabbit here who chases the kitty cat in order to get him to fall in love with her and have them date. This takes place in a world where rabbits and cats aren't allowed to date or marry and is seen as something akin to a massive sin.

It's a good series, I recommend at least a single watch.

Anyway, the reason it's my avatar is because as I've grown up, I've realized that I'm the cat to an extent. Just living my life, doing my own thing, and then some random thing happens that turns my life up-side-down and I have to learn to deal with it. It's also how I approach my love life to an extent. I don't really ask women out. Mostly because most women just... don't impress me much. But, the ones who decide I'm worth something and chase me, tends to make me sit up and take notice. In any case, the series reminds me of how I approach my love life, which translates to a decent chunk of my personality. So, I can relate, so I have the picture.

Also, I think it's freakin' adorable. Oh, and it sometimes fools people into thinking I'm a girl, which means they're less likely to burst into insults and being rude upon interacting with me on the internet. At least, until they figure out I'm a guy... or figure out that I don't pull any punches. :D It results in a lot more politeness towards me.

In any case, it's from the second episode of the series, titled, "Cake Dance". Kitty brings her a cake for her birthday and basically endures terrible and annoying things just to get it to her. And she tackles him and gives him a Public Display of Affection to which he just looks like, "Seriously? Fine..."

It's me all over. So... that's my avatar. Like... everywhere. YouTube, Facebook, here, anywhere they let me use it.

9. Citali

Citali MUNCHKINS Member

First Language:
    Cat
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I love tsubasa. I love clamp. I choose this picture of Fai because it's cute, warm and I love how happy he looks. I might change it in the future though.

10. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Usually, I use characters portraits that I like because of the illustrator, design, story or game behind it.
    Currently it's just Rance, who reminds me heroes don't have to be all virtuous and how fun some games can be. :biggrin:

Rayhaku808 likes this.
  11. Punamaagi

Punamaagi Hero on their own terms Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like drawing myself in anime-esque style, so my current avatar is a super-deformed self portrait. While I'm slightly worried that it makes me look unfriendly, I like the emoticon it represents (¬_¬) and people have told me that I sometimes make a face like that in real life. :aswt:

BornstarWish and starlight dream like this.
  12. trouble time

trouble time Bearer of the Word Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I chose an image of Lorgar cause OH MY GOODNESS IS THIS MAN HOT!! That and he's my favorite Traitor Primarch (basically the top tier of genetically engineered humans from whom the space marines gain their geneseed that makes them superhuman) from warhammer 40k. His story is really interesting as he went from worshiping the Emperor to worshiping the Chaos gods because the Emperor destroyed Lorgar's "perfect city".

13. Soul Tech

Soul Tech Time Traveler Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I used that avatar along the years, it was a bit diferent but always kept up its original form, it simply expresses my passion for technology (the gear) and visually attractive things (the eye), also that I am a perfectionist, in short I use it in on social nets and it is linked with my username, since the eyes are the doors of the soul and in it I carry my passion.

BornstarWish and starlight dream like this.
  14. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's a beautiful story for your username & pic! I loved it :)
    I'll be thinking of that meaning whenever your avatar shows up!

BornstarWish and Soul Tech like this.
  15. BornstarWish

BornstarWish Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The avatar I use here is from a 2017 inktober drawing I did with the theme screech,
    I've called it madness siren.the woman has black unruly feathers and she's screaming chaos.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to use her as my avatar here because, she was one of my favorites from last year,and I feel she's that imagery of the mystical and ominous grace you'd see in games.

16. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My avatar is a symbol of the hacker culture. I use it as a means of showing personal support for that culture.

17. TWings

TWings The Dragon Whisperer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Your avatar actually reminds me of the game of go. :biggrin:
    (even if it's slightly different)

Countyoungblood likes this.
  18. Yulia

Yulia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a lot of game ideas and my avatar is the main character design for one of those games. You know this old story cliché about Chosen One who has a great power to save all humanity, and he/she is always good and nice and will never use this power for own advantage? I wanted to make some very generic story, but your Chosen One is more anti-hero/anti-villain type of character. Unfortunately, this idea and couple of character designs are all I have, so I'm not going to work on this game until I have a more clear vision of it.
    [​IMG]

19. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I used to always have a beard and long hair. I also, on the old RMVX.net forums used to use Red Mantle from the anime Haunted Junction as an avatar. And I also used to be known for making long, angry rants about various things that bugged me (as a side note this was known as rantign because of a typo I made once).

So a friend from the old site who is an artist and also very awesome made this gif avatar of me in the Red Mantle outfit rantign. (You can see the animation for it if you go to my profile.

starlight dream and BornstarWish like this.
  20. BornstarWish

BornstarWish Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    haha neat what an awesome gift!:yhappy: