A story behind your avatar

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by TheoAllen, Mar 26, 2018.

1. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Are you saying the beard is gone? :beard

2. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I always have a beard, I don't have long hair anymore.

starlight dream likes this.
  3. Yunan

Yunan The Silver Stein Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    A story behind my avatar huh... I don't think there is one for me though lmao. :guffaw:

4. bblizzard

bblizzard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was doing talk on programming. Here's the avatar again in case I change it later. xD

[​IMG]

I think this was during QnA. Or I was sheep-talking Microsoft again, can't remember. xD

5. Vaena

Vaena Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I love all the stories behind avatars here. Fun read :)

Mine is one of my favorite paintings I did of a scene from a story of mine. My avatar will probably change a lot, but will likely always be something I drew/painted.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No need to do that, just click on your avatar, and the pop-up window has you ranting - sorry, rantign - away to your heart's content.

7. captainette777

captainette777 Mad Scientist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I used to play Castle Cats addictively before I honestly decided to try and make games for myself rather than just play 'em.:elswt: So this is the avatar I used for that game, isn't she jus purrty?:kaopride:

8. djDarkX

djDarkX Retro & Remastered Music Guru Veteran

First Language:
    Music
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was looking to standardize my avatar since I could never decide on what I really wanted, but also I had to change it for every website I signed up for based on its content, like gaming sites and what not. This was made using an old Flash-based RM-inspired avatar generator and I simply added shadows and shading myself. It's basically me with headphones, which is apt. I now have my mustache and beard, but I used to have light stubble for my beard instead. Also, I'm 98% of the time smiling, so yeah. I'm a very engaging person, as some of my friends on here can attest to.

I now use this avatar everywhere, including Discord, these and other forums and so on. I think it accurately expresses me in a nutshell. :guffaw:

9. CamusVerseaux

CamusVerseaux Mahna Mahna Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't have kids, but one of my best friends does, it turns out that my girlfriend and I have been taking care of them for almost a year now. He lost his wife and his work doesn't allow him to be with them. They are little kids and they love Simon's cat; every day we have to watch at least one hour of his videos. And, well, now I like it too.

10. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    [​IMG] I've been working as an emote artist and illustrator for an esports/media group as of a few weeks ago, so I made this avatar to test out how my usual chibi style would look in emote form! This character is one of my favorite designs, so I tend to draw her the most. :LZYsmile:

11. starlight dream

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @CamusVerseaux That's very sweet to take care of them. And Simon looks very easy to like ^^

CamusVerseaux likes this.
  12. CamusVerseaux

CamusVerseaux Mahna Mahna Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  13. Alkemical

Alkemical Transient Lion Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    It's one of the few files that survived a data wipe. I was moving files from one computer to another, burned about 4gbs of sprites from games like Blazblue, Persona4 Arena, the DS Naruto games, etc into an 8gb DVD disk. Wiped the data, when I popped the disk into a new computer, of the 4gbs, 3.7gb were corrupted, with only a few Sengoku Basara X sprites surviving. I lost all my custom pixelwork, uncluding the sheets I was working on.

14. starlight dream

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Alkemical :kaocry: That's really sad, so this little avatar guy is a real survivor.
    Even if you deleted the data from the computer it's possibly still be retrievable.

15. Alkemical

Alkemical Transient Lion Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Believe me, I've been trying for 2 years, with no such luck. The only back up I had for my stuff was on my imageshack, but since they went "pay to use", as a free user I can't retrieve them without forking over 30$ for a subscription. I even did the whole pyramid-scheme with some friends to get a 30-month premium trial, and they ignored all my requests.

16. SpaceBot

SpaceBot Demon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I couldn't find my old avatar so I found this on Google lol. I'm a red head and wanted it to match me :guffaw::p

17. Astel

Astel The (grey) knight with that funny look Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My avatar? I have no idea... I like the eyes? Maybe?

18. Lord Vectra

Lord Vectra Master Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Avatar (I will post new and old version)
    Note: My avatar is me in the gaming realm
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My avatar is a custom-game character called Lord Vectra (me). He is the God of the Fiendish Elves with a wife, two kids, and rules over an entire planet. He believes his race surpasses all others but still values the average life (although he can get quite edgy at times). His story, as of now, mostly consist of him going to different planets, universes, etc., where he finds there is chaos and seeks to fix it - often neutralizing the target (evil gods, blood-thirsty kings, world-threatening cults, etc), then they praise him as the savior and then he leaves and visits that said place occasionally.

In the beginning, he was not always a strong god. He was a normal conjurer that could easily die like any other normal person with no strong summoning abilities. The Lord Vectra you see now is made up of mixtures of himself. I love me some Medieval Fantasy games, so what I do is I create him in these games and however he is in the endgame is what is added to his "supreme version." He's currently a mix of five different endgame versions of himself which excelled him to complete godhood (I will list his top 10 abilities later in this post).

Lord Vectra, as said above, was just a normal conjurer with his wife and two kids. Through the ages of studying magic, he would occasionally feel a disturbance from a distant place. He would use magic to teleport there and fix the issues and learn what he can from that universe/planet. He was defeated a few times, beaten, destroyed, killed, but he always cheated death one way or another. Given time, he became stronger, and before you know it, he was defeating Gods.

He wasn't only a conjurer, but he ascended to Godhood. He developed the ability to turn others into Fiendish Elves (only if they volunteered and wanted to) - replacing their current race. Through this method, his planet was populated with nothing but the blood of the Fiendish Elves. Enemies from past universes and planets have attempted to attack his planet, but they all failed at the end. He has the biggest army and with the ability to enlarge his planet by will, he can have the highest populated planet imaginable.

(I'm a HUGE creation freak. I make up and create characters as a hobby of mine, and as of now, I definitely have over 100 creations, and I remember each very clearly. Some of my strongest creations are added to the "Vectra Guild" which is really a corporation that acts as the government of my planet.)

Eventually, Vectra formed a guild of sorts. It consist of his strongest creations being at the helm of everything with their unquestionable loyalty to the true supreme God King, Lord Vectra. Their abilities were enhanced under the power of him making even them near unstoppable fighters and monsters. He ascended so far into godhood that his own loyal servants are near godhood making his corporation and essential league of godhood. Regardless, Lord Vectra and his servants have undying loyalty from the Fiendish Elves granting him mandate of current most powerful empire of everything in and out of existence.

Lord Vectra, as said above, was just a normal conjurer with his wife and two kids. Through the ages of studying magic, he would occasionally feel a disturbance from a distant place. He would use magic to teleport there and fix the issues and learn what he can from that universe/planet. He was defeated a few times, beaten, destroyed, killed, but he always cheated death one way or another. Given time, he became stronger, and before you know it, he was defeating Gods.

He wasn't only a conjurer, but he ascended to Godhood. He developed the ability to turn others into Fiendish Elves (only if they volunteered and wanted to) - replacing their current race. How exactly did he ascend to godhood? It all started when he learned blood magic (this is where it gets Edgy).

At times, a game leader must make the choice of life v. power, and that sometimes it can get skewed to power, especially when using something like blood magic which is primarily sacrificing life to get power. A demon possessed a child of a noble family, and I was asked to deal with this demon. I went into "the fade" (dream realm -Dragon Age reference) to kill the demon, and it gave me a proposal. I could either fight it and kill it OR I could let it leave the child but the demon will come back to possess it. The part that sweetens the deal is if I let it go now, it will teach me blood magic. I accepted the demon's proposal. Why? Well, for the power. However, with this power, in the story of the "Supreme Version", he comes back to find the child possessed again, kills the demon, and revives the boy (gotta love godhood).

Blood Magic, although did not send him to godhood, played a part since I couldn't be ascended to supreme godhood without it. Blood Magic cannot be silenced like normal since it does not use mana and is not "formed" by magic, and cannot be stopped by draining mana. It negates any defenses against magic (I do not know why, but if I had to guess, it is because it's not formed by magic as your blood is the magic and the "mana" and if you use blood magic to cast a fireball, which can be done, it is because blood magic is the fuel and not mana which is magical by nature).

With this new ability, all stats that WOULD go to mana will instead go to health. He starts creeping a bit quickly to godhood when he discovered the great ability of health regeneration. Blood Magic has a penalty to healing through other means than those of blood magic origin, but that doesn't apply to health regeneration. So what did Lord Vectra do for the remainder of equipment-hunting? He just stacked himself with blood/mana ratio reduction to reduce health loss for each mana used up and coupled it with auto health regeneration. Then, to put the cherry on top, he had a passive ability that increased all his stats tremendously and all damage he does with melee weapons uses his magic stat instead of strength. So what did Lord Vectra do? Put all his stats in health and magic to be this DPS self-sufficient tank warmage. With all this booming power, he was able to cast blood magic that didn't really have a cost since the ratio and HP regen together made it so what he lost was quickly gained to the point I can absorb HP from ally and heal them and we'll both be at full HP at the end.

Off to the next step towards godhood. Spellmaking and Enchanting became a new ability for our good Lord Vectra. Spellmaking was only limited to mana that he had (Elder Scrolls Oblivion), but in the Supreme Version of Vectra, he has blood magic (from Dragon Age), so what did Lord Vectra do? Make godly spells that cost tremendously less than it actually said due to low health loss and high health regeneration (regen which stacked really high as I added every endgame version). This gave him (in my top 10 abilities list), #1, 3, 4, 8, and 9. 5 and 6 came from equipment and racial bonuses.

The final step towards godhood. Mode of the Fateless (ability #10) which gives him the ability to create and rewrite the fate of anyone he desires. No limits or anything - it is absolute. Don't have a fate? I can create one and say you died. I do actually have one limit which I cannot changed what has already happened, but no one is going to be able to one-shot me so that's all good.

Now off the steps to godhood and to the juicy stories.
    He is made up of the following games: Dragon Age (Origins, Awakening, 2, and Inquisition), Elder Scrolls (Oblivion and Skyrim), and Kingdoms of Alamur Reckoning. In each one, he killed some god or someone with god powers. Most favorite is Oblivion since that gave me majority of my godhood skills. I would be facing a crew of six high-ranking demons, two which are summoners, and I could just cast Mirror War (reflect all physical damage) or Mirror Magic (same but with magic) and just watch them kill themselves. He ruled and dominated all the guilds across Cyrodil and eventually (Skyrim) kills a Dragon God. I have killed mortal gods, dragon gods, gods who have their own realm, and god-like people who were trapped but escaped to only get killed. In the debate of life v. power, Vectra chooses life more than power... usually. At times, he will choose power but may redeem the choice later on if he can. However, with his revive abilities and such, he can usually reverse what he done and keep the power he gained.

In Origins, he could tank and solo anything. He was a mage with none of the weaknesses of being one and gaining all benefits of being one and even gaining benefits of being a warrior despite not being an actual warrior but a battlemage (which I just call Warmage since he can tank and solo pretty much any enemies of any number). Health insanely increased in Awakening as well as his HP regen. Dragon Age 2 insanely increased his blood/mana ratio. Inquisition didn't add much as it was the last game, and many things it gave is covered or is obsolete compared to what Vectra already has. Dragon God, Demon Queen, and God-like spirit (killed in the order of which I talked about the games).

In Oblivion, I moreso killed a Demon God's 2nd in command which wasn't really godlike, but my spells were godlike nonetheless as I defeated him and his two children... by casting Mirror War and Mirror Magic (kekkity kek) and I did kill an actual God in that game and took his throne. I killed a Dragon God in Skyrim and developed many abilities that usually only complimented what I already had in Oblivion. I was a dragon-commanding living God that can destroy anything he wanted with a swing or by yelling at them (funnier to kill them by yelling at them).

Now, you may wonder, what about the Supreme Version? Is his timeline just a copy/paste of the others? Yes and no. He does bear all the stories of the other versions, but he has things added - things he had before he entered into the other realms. He has a planet and is God of the Fiendish Elves, and he has his own guild at home. Black(i)Corporation is the name of the guild that is the government, and oversees everything to make sure there is no corruption or illegal activity. Their main popularity comes from their ability of technobiology which allows us to mix technology and biology as a means to either create a military asset, a life, or to revive someone. Someone revived through this is often recruited into the corporation. He didn't always have these abilities in the beginning, but since his race cannot die of age and magic (including blood magic) keeps them from dying of other means, we grow the fastest in everything as the smart will only get smarter as they live on.

Overpopulated? I can just enlarge the planet - no big deal. The entire population dies by war or something? Thanks to one of the other versions, I can revive everyone at once by will. Oh, it feels good to be a God.

Anyways, with this guild, it is made up of creations. I, myself, love creating characters as a hobby so I have over 100 creations as of today. This guild is made up of them, but those creations have their abilities enhanced by Lord Vectra to keep up, not with Vectra, but new strong enemies that might try to conquer his planet. Since he has reached the greatest peak of godhood, his servants are pretty much gods as well.

The Gods of other universes fear Lord Vectra, but his immunities make him impossible to touch in the ways they touch other gods. They cannot curse him, banish him, will have a hard time killing me, and given that I have killed Gods, I have experience in the god-killing department, so it will be ill-advised to attack me upfront but also stupid to send a champion after me.

What will his story continue to be after this? I didn't expect him to get to godhood so quickly, so I have no idea. Not much he can strive for anymore, but ig we'll see in the future lol.

I could write a book about this, but I don't wanna, so this is all I'm going to say about his story, but it is definitely more in-depth than what you see here (this is a character made up of six games).

Top 10 abilities
    1 - Dystopian Anti-Life: Absorb all HP from the enemy on touch
    2 - Dystopian Anti-Life Mass: AOE absorb all HP from the enemy(s) on touch
    3 - Mirror War: Reflect all physical damage (I receive no damage - you receive FULL nat damage [damage before any reductions of my defenses])
    4 - Mirror Magic: Same as Mirror War but with magical damage (includes enchantments against him)
    5 - Magic Immunity [Passive]: Immune to all magical damage
    6 - Physical Immunity [Passive]: Immune to all physical damage
    7 - Negation Ward [Passive]: Negate the negative effects of spells including "cannot be negated" effects. Additionally, Negation Ward cannot be negated, dispelled, or removed
    8 - Dystopian Soul Absorption: Absorb all the stats from one target on touch
    9 - Dystopian Soul Fortification: Double all your stats for a period of time
    10 - Mode of the Fateless: Can create or rewrite the fate of anyone he desires

GriffoxEnt and Marsigne like this.
  19. 9gramsofpersonality

9gramsofpersonality Metaphysicist Member

In space (what? I occupy 3 spatial dimensions :P)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My avatar is offended that the others of his kind don't think of themselves as avatars and believe they themselves need avatars :p

20. Lord Vectra

Lord Vectra Master Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    We need Default White Avatar Awareness