A story behind your avatar

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by TheoAllen, Mar 26, 2018.

1. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I LOVE your avatar!!! :popcorn: It's funny because it's true. :kaopride:

Welcome to the forums by the way. :kaohi:

2. 9gramsofpersonality

9gramsofpersonality Metaphysicist Member

In space (what? I occupy 3 spatial dimensions :P)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! :D I'll introduce myself properly once I get a different username :p

starlight dream likes this.
  3. Lothloran

Lothloran Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's the face some lady made when Baked Alaska rambled on about trying to ask her out but it was "complicated" but they're just good friends but "it's complicated" on some stream.

I also believe that it will increase my chances of getting help/stuff on the forums because people might make the assumption that I'm a chick, but shhh don't tell anyone that.

4. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    LOL I bet it'll work! :p

5. Jhale M.

Jhale M. Goddess of health, purity and truth. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    My avatar (generic pigman in pixel art who might look somewhat off) is the first boss I created for my first project. I decided to hold off on that project when I came up with a better concept for a game, but I still want to make that game afterwards.

The character is ironically very opposed to my own personality. The main character is a lot more like me and is actually where my profile name comes from. I just thought this was one of the best pixel art monsters I had made (it was one of my first pieces of pixel art ever and I never even did digital art before). I also like how it is a bit risque, just to be a bit challenging for people to look at I guess. I suppose a lot of my profile pictures are to prevent people from being too interested in me without knowing and accepting me.

6. sleepy_sealion

sleepy_sealion Need to work harder! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Same. Though I also really like seal(ions) - hence the Aqua bit.

Current AV is currently based on the protagonist of one of the games I'm working on. Or at least what his concept looks like so far.

Figured it'd be better to have an AV centered more around something I'm working on.

7. TengHu

TengHu TengHu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Jhale M. and starlight dream like this.
  8. Jhale M.

Jhale M. Goddess of health, purity and truth. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Wow, so you know how to alter Kanji? That map looks very exciting as well.

TengHu likes this.
  9. Darkanine

Darkanine ...In my thoughts and in my dreams... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Last night I decided to see if there were any Bill & Ted comic books outside of the Marvel ones from the 90s out of boredom.

Found out that BOOM! has been releasing limited series since 2015 and started reading "Bill & Ted Save the Universe". I liked it so I set it as my avatar.

Ryisunique and starlight dream like this.
  10. TengHu

TengHu TengHu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Thank you! Made it myself.;) Alter Kanji? Not sure by what you mean by that. If I did anything extraordinary, it was entirely by accident lol

Your avatar creeps me out, though lol. What is that?

Never heard of Bill & Ted but my interest is piqued.

11. Juanita Star

Juanita Star Witch of compilations. Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Serene from Riviera Promised Land. I just fell in love with her. His character, his weapon… and she have wings. I’m a sucker for wings.
    I took it from a "free icons" post years ago, I dont even remember from.

12. consolcwby

consolcwby (2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P Veteran

Somewhere the East Coast of the USA... i think...
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a sad story, really. A few years ago, I had gotten a book about making Chibis. I followed along in the book while drinking 3 or 4 Guinesses. This is what happened:
    moemecolor.png
    Mainly, it's the first thing I had ever drawn that made me smile. I made a few more 'pix' before I grew bored with it and went back to my daily routine of being cranky and mean! :D

13. OM3GA-Z3RO

OM3GA-Z3RO Wounded Seraphim Veteran

Not much to say about it, Maferna is an important character on the project I am working on for 2 years now and I just love her design.

14. Byakurent

Byakurent a bean Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh boy, one of these things! Personally, I've been a huge fan of Touhou Project for about 8 years now. Its basically one of those "ride or die" fandoms that you're practically stuck with for the rest of your life. My favorite character happens to be Miko, to the point where I briefly (and by briefly, I mean like a day or two) ran a Miko-based roleplay blog on Tumblr, and this was one of the icons i had intended to use on it. I love the way she's just dozing off like that, it's so cute.~

Attached Files:

15. Mystic_Enigma

Mystic_Enigma Envoy of Silliness Veteran

In MY world, you are not welcome in my world!
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Currently, it's one of the many Battlers I drew up in my spare time. I have more artwork I could use instead, But... this one i'm especially proud of. Also, it's a freaking cartoon ninja bunny! They don't get any cooler than that!:kaoluv:

16. Caterine3263

Caterine3263 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Um... my avatar is someone called Connect I made in Science Class... I wanted something that could change shape and form willingly by plugging into something, like YouTube or RPG Maker...

Attached Files:

17. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Maker of Goof 'ems. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was one day watching a video of Rhythm Tengoku's "Remix 6" stage except the right side of the screen was mirrored from the left (and also all the sfx had been overlapped with a man shouting "PILLS HERE!" and "DAMNIT!" for some reason), once the video reached the Space Dance minigame (seen at the beginning and end) I liked the way how the two space dancers were sorta just meshing into eachother due to the mirror so I decided to take a little screen shot of it and cropped the part of the photo that is my current icon!

I also decided on this one because it relates to the Rhythm Heaven series and I love me some Rhythm Heaven!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  18. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OK.
    All started from Ralph.

Ralph is the orange haired main hero of RPG Maker VX, he was very popular years ago and used to appear in a lot of script demos, one day I thought about killing him and resurrecting him as a villain.
    Initially my avatar was just one of his many palette swaps that I made, with green hair, pale skin, a crazy evil smirk, black circles under the eyes and a dark armor, he was very similar to the Joker but with undead features.
    Through the years the hairstyle slowly changed and so did everything else, I removed the spiky hair (main characteristic of Ralph) and used a style more similar to Dante from Devil May Cry.
    No more pale skin and undead features either at some point (I was tired of looking rotten, haha), so my character took some distance from the VX Hero ultimately, and started appearing with a glowing red left eye and usually dressed with a black tuxedo.
    The glowing left eye idea comes from the fact that in real life I have a scar right under my left eye.
    Nowdays no more glowing eye either and I make him wear clothes he hates to wear (like you can see from his annoyed expression in my current avatar) but the green hair is still there and it's something that never changed from Day 1, and will probably never change.

Sadly all my old avatar images are lost, it's been years, but I had really a lot of them and for every occasion too (Halloween, Christmas, etc).

The username Dalph comes from mixing the letters of the words Dead + Ralph = Dalph, and the title Nega Ralph means Negative Ralph.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    gambitben and starlight dream like this.
  19. Jaymonius

Jaymonius Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, the inspiration of this avatar is originally based off of rm2k and rm2k3's Brian/Zack. And I when I first used rm2k, I used Brian as my villain and final boss. And when I started getting better with drawing and spriting, I started deviating the sprite into something a little more my style. And over the years I finally settled with the look and attire I am comfortable having him with.

[​IMG]

As for the name Jaymonius, I was known in other parts as J-Man, and the reason for that name was just my entire first and last name shortened, and it turned out to be J-Man, but over time, I was just randomly spouting stuff to boost my ego by saying stuff like "I am the J-Man, the J-Dude, the J-Moni-man, the J-Monius, and after a while, the J-Monius thing was starting to roll off my tongue so well I ended up using the name Jaymonius more than J-Man, though some around still know me as J-Man, so when I make videos I usually add J-Man/Jaymonius to help avoid confusion. Though nowadays I prefer to be called Jaymonius anyway, as I'm more known for that name now. The J-Man name was more akin to the days when I used to hang around the GamingWorld forums. Ohhh those are the days....

Also, my full name is Jordan Marasman. J-Man!Laugh at the last name and I will eat you! >:3

20. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    a quick doodle of an avatar character i used to use! i should really make a new icon, since i don't really use that avatar character anymore, and my art has improved a lot since the time i drew it... :kaoswt: