A story behind your avatar

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by TheoAllen, Mar 26, 2018.

1. TreguardV

TreguardV Dungeon Master Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Several years ago, I read about an old gameshow that ran from the late 80's to early 90's called Knightmare. I looked it up on Youtube, and have since watched nearly every single episode. My avatar is a cropped image from the opening credits.
    As for my username, which I'm only mentioning because it's on my avatar, is also based on the show. I took the presenter's name, "Treguard" (played by Hugo Myatt), and stuck "the Fifth" on the end.

2. hero_buddy

hero_buddy artist and pro cat petter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New post now that I changed my avi: it's the heroine for the game I'm working on! It's just some quick placeholder art, but I thought I should update my avi with SOMETHING... so here we are. :kaothx:

3. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A picture of a guy who has sailed the seven seas to obtain The Golden Avatar, but to no avail.

trouble time likes this.
  4. DownwardSpiral

DownwardSpiral I need help, thanks. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Private Jay Freeman, one of the main characters in an upcoming project I'm working on. There's more on our wikia page (if you are so inclined to read up about him, the link's here -> https://wildguys.wikia.com/wiki/Jarod_Freeman - it's still being worked on, but I'm focusing on the game right now)

A pic of him (made in Adobe Illustrator) in his Sentinel 1st uniform and iconic black beret :D

[​IMG]

5. CrowStorm

CrowStorm Check my résumé, your residence is residue Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pretty short: I post as Storm Crow on RMN. I got the name from a Magic: The Gathering card which I've always liked but which is apparently so mediocre it became memetic. It was in fact so memetically mediocre that it inspired a much better card much later on in the history of MTG, Crow Storm. My avatar is the card art from that card.

6. Senatris

Senatris Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I got this avatar a long time ago. Different parts of it remind me of myself, and that's why I use it on every site I go to now.

The little girl reminds me of me when I was a child, and she always reminds me of how I am now. I'm still very childlike - forever young, as my dad puts it - and I love being that way. I can still watch Disney movies and children's shows, I love my dolls and toys and I don't ever want to change from that.
    Staying forever young I think is what has made me such a positive and bubbly person and I don't want that to ever change. And so far, it hasn't. Each year passes by and I get lots achieved, but as a person I remain the same.

The avatar also shows the girl dreaming up at a dreamy sky - this is my favourite part of my avatar. I often imagine the girl is creating things inside her head, looking up at another world, or perhaps a character she's invented, almost like a God looking at the world she's created. I do that all the time which is why the avatar suits me so well.

All day and every day I'm constantly thinking up and creating worlds, people and characters. . . I give every single one a history, a present and a future. I give them happy times, moments of loss and moments of despair and sorrow. Some accomplish their dreams and goals, others perish on the journey whereas some rise above it all and defeat the bad guy, or just live their lives to the very end...

I've experienced a lot of happy moments in my 21 years so far, but in those years I've seen soul crushing loss and death, fear, defeat and dark moments which still make me shudder now. I think that's why I love dreaming up games, stories and worlds because I'm in someways able to relate to what a lot of the characters I make go through.

My avatar stares up at a sky where anything is possible, she creates, she watches and she lives her own life for the now, never stopping to let life drag her down... That's my way of thinking as well and that's how I am. Living life for today and never stopping because you never know when it'll all be over. :smile:

7. Tw0Face

Tw0Face Chief Executive Officer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  8. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Current one: easy and simple.. .I Just drew it and liked it :D

9. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    This avatar was from way back when I was still active on Hiveworkshop, I was into Shakugan no Shana during that time and a person named BlinkBoy created and used this avatar.. Iirc, on the time before he left, he gave permission for others to use it, so I did.

10. RetroExcellent

RetroExcellent Pixelated Avatar of Chaos Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My avatar changes depending on which of my custom sprites I am most proud of at the time.

KayZaman and Finnuval like this.
  11. pickledylans

pickledylans lov the cronch Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    He's my tiefling for one of my dnd campaigns! Here's the full image
    he_cronch-3.png
    He eats cereal in a couple sessions.... So yeah...

12. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is an image of me; I commissioned it from an artist. That being said, sadly I no longer have the headphones in the picture; they broke last year and I finally had to replace them. I loved those things, but I've looked and I just can't find them anymore.

Heh, Treguard - I've met that guy! He was a VIP at one of the events I was attending as an author. It was great to meet him and tell him how much of an influence Knightmare was on me as a kid. Actually about a year ago, I had to deal with some American visitors to the UK as part of my day-job, and when we went for drinks with them, we somehow got on to explaining what Knightmare was, and I found it's actually quite hard to explain to someone who has never watched it.

13. Mordridakon

Mordridakon I am a dragon! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My avatar is a picture I had drawn of Mordidakon, one of the main characters in my main literary fantasy universe. Mordridakon is a wise-cracking private detective.

14. BitBrosGames

BitBrosGames *Keeps ruminating* Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Mine is the Mirka Cow, a character from my game, Monigote Fantasy.

Mirka.png

An existentialist cow you keep running into while you travel the world and always gives you a pearl of wisdom... or something like that.
    You might say it reminds you of a certain mascot of a company but the truth is, uh... *keeps ruminating*

15. samkfj

samkfj Bug Powder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is a logo my girl made for me.

It's a 1980's street punk stylized logo with my mascot (a bee with a gas mask and an ax.)

I like insects, and I like World War I history, so it's kinda like a mixture of the two. I suppose it's the bee protecting itself from bug powder.

16. wonderjosh3000

wonderjosh3000 Veteran Veteran

The Frosty Plains of The Great White North
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha mine is just Starman from Earthbound because he's got a slick retro sci-fi design and it's my staple favourite RPG. I just put him on a background I whipped up quick.

My username is one I came up with years ago (minus the 3000) when I had made a hotmail email address, haha. A couple years ago I reworked it with the 3000 for my RedBubble handle and my art Instagram handle. I use it for other things that don't require a professional username or isn't in the life category of "adulting," haha.

17. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mine is the Snatcher from the 'A Hat in Time' game. It is my favorite character of the game, and has a charismatic attitude, despite being the most evil creature, a great stealer of souls, and all of that... :rswt

18. dulsi

dulsi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The image is from my Endangered Races: Quasta. I decided to make some rpg products after Wizards of the Coast announced the end of 3.5. Some d20 products were being removed because the d20 license was pulled. I decided to re-release some of the OGL content. Since I love Beholders and their kin, I started with the Quasta from Dragonstar. I commissioned the artwork and released it on drivethrurpg. Unfortunately I never got around to making more products in the series. The second one I wrote just wasn't that good so I didn't release it. For marketing purposes I should probably update it to an image from my Brick Monsters which are Lego built monsters but I don't care that much about marketing.

19. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well, I'm thinking about her again.

Meet ????. Yep, she's an unknown avatar for a character in one of the three games I have going at the moment. The person behind her wouldn't be introduced until the third game because the main characters of 1 and 2 have to go find this person to bring down the big bad of the trilogy.

My original pic from the VXAce maker didn't have the bags and I believe I wrote her with completely white eyes.

20. Norjen

Norjen Villager Member

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, I kinda like Fallout, and BoS was always my favourite troupe. I once even thought about getting the emblem tattooed somewhere on my skin, but thankfully dropped the idea.