Not open for further replies.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was inspired by this thread, but I didn't wanted to derail it.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/41281-empty-space-windows/?p=409224

So I make a new one here, to suggest a feature for Luna Engine.

Automatic resize of the menus to fit the current needs.

For example, if you got three party members, it can shrink. At four+ members it can get resized again.

If TP bar will be disabled, it can be resized to show the components properly and stuff.

Now I KNOW this can be a pain, so I just suggest it as a feature.

Imagine though how strong Luna Engine will become that way.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you can do it but you need some mathematics in your luna engine configs.

For example, not exact code since I can't check right now,

x = graphics.width + something / game party size

Last edited by a moderator:

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, yes of course! Got you.

But take a look at this (not my pic forget about the red arrow):

Labyroniaim2_zpsdrnw40d0.png

The whole party window can be reduced and placed on the map according to the quantity of the members automatically. 

There are not infinite possibilities. Just four.

• One hero
  • Two heroes
  • Three heroes
  • Four+ heroes
  •  
One, two and three will have reduced windows accordingly, while 4+ heroes will take over the whole window and scroll down for plus.

Thus it can be coded that way as a feature to auto-adjust the menu according to the quantity of characters. A horizontal version, a verical version and of course.... a disable feature, since many people might wanna use custom graphics of custom sizes.

But imagine THAT. You can give A LOT of great utility and it will be a lot more appealing to people who buy it and don't know what to do with it.

A fast and easy way to build upon a demo can make this a cool addition.

That was what I was thinking about really, since I was browsing the endless posts of people asking for out of the box functionalities and stuff for Luna Engine.

Edit:

Yes people got bad attiude, people are lazy, people don't try to learn new things, but hey! Giving them something fundamental and nice working out of the box, might be a good idea. 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
At the moment it is possible to have 5 showing, using other menu scripts, which is, imo, much better than having to scroll down for the 5th.  The whole point of getting them on to one screen is precisely so that the player doesn't have to scroll around, but can see straight off who is in the party and their basic stats.  More than 5 is not feasible (I think), but surely Luna should be able to do what at least 2 other scripts can?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At the moment it is possible to have 5 showing, using other menu scripts, which is, imo, much better than having to scroll down for the 5th.  The whole point of getting them on to one screen is precisely so that the player doesn't have to scroll around, but can see straight off who is in the party and their basic stats.  More than 5 is not feasible (I think), but surely Luna should be able to do what at least 2 other scripts can?
Okay good. So that makes the states five in that case. Right? :)

Woouldn't that be nice to be included as utility?

I mean I can make things happen with Luna engine, I have the will and the knowledge to tweak some config scripts all right, but what about the average user who buys it and thinks he/she can do stuff with a click of a mouse. I thought it would leave them less disatisfied such a demo with that feature and I shared my thoughts actually. :)  

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure what you're referring to as 'states'.  
Correct.

As state I was trying to describe the distinct sizes of the party window, according to the party size.

My apologies for using that term.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thus it can be coded that way as a feature to auto-adjust the menu according to the quantity of characters. A horizontal version, a verical version and of course.... a disable feature, since many people might wanna use custom graphics of custom sizes.
Like I said...this is already possible in Luna engine :x

It's either you put a mathematical equation to take into accordance party size or a hardcoded value. If you use a hardcoded value nothing will change at all irregardless of the party size.

It's not something you just put in as a utility either, it's more of, people should refresh their basic mathematics, more particularly basic algebra and trigonometry, to do it.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said...this is already possible in Luna engine :x

It's either you put a mathematical equation to take into accordance party size or a hardcoded value. If you use a hardcoded value nothing will change at all irregardless of the party size.

It's not something you just put in as a utility either, it's more of, people should refresh their basic mathematics, more particularly basic algebra and trigonometry, to do it.
Yeah opened Luna, thought of what you said and I can say for sure is easy to be done.

I couldn't picture in my mind that the party_size actually change value if party changes and I was stuck on a static menu in my imagination.

You are right, this can be done using a really simple expression. Thanks Archeia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Introducing the premium bagel
I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:
While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTank