RMMV A Swift's Life 2 - The Journey (Summer Jam Game)

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A Swift's Life 2 - The Journey

This game was created as part of the "Grimms Erben - Sommer Jam" in the German forum and was voted 2nd place (the jam was about creating a game based on a fairy tale).

- Story -

short:

Experience the extraordinary story of a couple of outcasts who seek their fortune far away.
Linear story with humorous dialogues and many things to discover.
No previous knowledge is required, even though this is a sequel.

Based on the fairy tale "The Bremen Town Musicians" by the Brothers Grimm. With slight modifications :)

Five animals that no one wants anymore or even should be killed, set out on a journey into the unknown. The horse that has thwarted the plans of its master's relative, the dog that flees from the dog catcher, the tomcat that is too old to still catch mice, the swift that is too scared to fly and the sea cucumber that should have been eaten by its owners. They all set out on the arduous journey to Bremen to become town musicians and start a new life. What will they experience on this journey? Will they make it?

We meet old acquaintances from the first part - the old horse, who helped to save the turtle at the end, meets the dog Rudi, the tomcat Felix, the swift Bianca and the sea cucumber Seebastian on his journey (except for the sea cucumber, the animals all existed in the first part of the game). What adventures will they have this time?

- Features -

- Languages: German, English, animal german, animal english
- Controls: Mouse, keyboard, controller
- Game duration: approx. 60-90 minutes
- minimap with FoW
- different weather effects
- HUD with key display (changes when you change input)
- light effects
- each animal has its own special action
- different minigames (partly skippable after several failed attempts)
- humor
- autosaves
- mouse pointer changes on things you can interact with
- quest display
- help menu
- message backlog
- dynamic title screen (changes depending on game progress)

- Screenshots -

Title-EN.png

1 Intro Opa liest.png

4 hundefänger.png
9 Wald Test Lighting Minimap Weather.png

5 feld test.png

6 weg schnüffeln.png

7 haus katze.png

3 Intro Spatz.png

- Download -

350 MB

Here we can discuss about everything!
:)

Tell me what you liked, what you did not like and everything else you can think of!
:)

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've never played a game like this one. Very interesting :D.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! Thank you so much for this video ♥
It really means a lot to me.
Of course I will fix the errors and work on some updates soon. So your feedback helped me a lot! I loved watching you playing my game, thank you so much!

If anyone here likes the tileset I've used, 80% of the game is made by Rasak (I tried to link, but it seems I can't).

Just out of curiosity: Do you know the fairy tale this game is based on?

thenerdmansion

Graphic Design/Complex Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do not know. Feel free to share :)

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 1.1!

Bianca was hungry and ate a whole bunch of little bugs that crawled through the game code and made the game experience worse. That is, this time the focus was on fixing bugs and general improvement!

Update 1.1.gif

Sorry, this list is quite long!

(Graphics) The new railing, which can now be seen in the city in part 1, was adopted to part 2.
(Graphics) Made Felix's "flashlight view" slightly larger so you can see more.
(Graphics) The graphics of Bianca and the other swifts replaced with the new graphics from part 1.
(Graphics) The eye of the sea cucumber now pops up in the same way as the one of the horse, when it's about to get it.
(Graphics) If you found the bag and examine the place where Rudi slips into the river, the bag is now lying on the riverbank.

(Gameplay) Changed one of the rewards of the bushes along the path to realize that it's not always berries.
(Gameplay) Added an additional conversation when the horse is called "Bärenbruder" and talks to the bear.

(Improvement) The text windows that appear in between in the upper left corner are now displayed longer.
(Improvement) When you eat the apple for the first time, the apple now disappears immediately.
You also get a note that the fruit from all fruit trees is edible.
(Improvement) The sound effects "Scream" and "Fanfare" are now quieter. Extra for your sensitive ears :)
(Improvement) Added a note to the escape that you have to move with the arrow keys and that you can't jump permanently.
(Improvement) Added a note to the bag that you can't collect fruit from the trees with it.
(Improvement) Added explanation that you have to click on the scent trails individually.
(Improvement) Added dialogue with the snail Jitsu.
(Improvement) Added note that Bianca only flies over low obstacles.
(Improvement) Added a text at the end explaining why the animals stop their journey.

(Bug fix) The message backlog can no longer be accessed from the title screen.
(Bug fix) Removed the black pixel above Bianca in the title screen.
(Bug fix) In some cases, the rocks were not easy to pull because invisible restrictions were in the way.
These restrictions have now been moved or removed so that the rocks are easier to pull now.
(Bug fix) Fixed mapping error with reeds on the map "In the Fields".
(Bug fix) When following the flock with Bianca, you can no longer access the menu, which caused a crash.
(Bug fix) If you have already examined the cracks in the forest and then switch to Bianca, they are no longer displayed.
(Bug fix) Fixed several small text and translation errors.

(Internal) Added links to the licenses of freesound.
(Internal) Added Mr. Fus new plugin versions.
(Internal) Added new plugin version of TSR "Move Event".

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The sleuth - Update 1.2!

The dog Rudi has participated in a sniff training and can now smell even better than before.
As a result, the scent trails now give better rewards!

Update 1.2.gif

(Gameplay) Changed some scent trails so they are more important and give better rewards.
(Gameplay) Added another rock that must be moved in order to progress.

(Changes) Added new dialogs.
(Changes) In the area "The Path" the foreign animals must now first be questioned before the journey to Bremen can be continued.
(Changes) In the area "At the edge of the forest" you first have to look out to find the river again.

(Bug fix) The random little animals walking around can now no longer run around on obstacles.

(Internal) Changed the logo in the title screen.

This is my last update this year and probably the last update on this game. So enjoy it and get in touch if you notice anything :smile:

I will submission this update to the "Improve my Game Jam 18" and would of course appreciate any support :smile:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexFliv0