Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I'd like to introduce you to my game, "A swift's life". It was created during a competition in the German RPG-Maker-Forum. Meanwhile I translated the game completely into English.

Title Banner klein.png

This is what you can expect:

RPG, short game, survival

Playtime: approx. 20-40 minutes

Control: mouse, keyboard, controller

Platform: PC, Windows

Language: English, German

You are a common swift that has been injured by a falcon on its wing after an attack and therefore can no longer fly. Now you are forced to explore the city you normally fly over from below and have to watch out for all kinds of dangers.

There are no fights.

You must always be careful not to starve, die of thirst, or be killed by enemies.

There are 3 different levels of difficulty and in addition the "custom" mode, in which you can adjust the individual difficulties themselves.

Latest Version: 1.31, 08.02.2020
Download here, 260 MB

Website here

If you encounter any bugs or if you know a better translation for something, then please let me know!

Please note that the development of this game is finished. I will not release any updates (except bugfixes).

2.png 3.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png

- Translation improved.
- Added links to the english forum.

- Added life meter to the HUD.
- The music in the final credits is now looping.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Added the year of the first release in the titlescreen.
- The language can now be changed in-game.
- Changed the installation programm of the game.

- Fixed a missing translation.
- Selected language is now saved.

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, how intriguing! This looks really interesting and kinda cute. I like the concept, this should be fun~
I'll give you my thoughts when I give it a try ^^

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! :smile:
I would be really happy to hear from you! Would be interesting for me if I translated the game well enough, haha :biggrin:

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I played your game! I thought a lot about it was really cool. I liked the survival aspect, and I liked the nice white highlights on items that had food, it blended in nicely with the map and didn't look out of place.

I also liked the 'last 20 messages' feature, that was cool!

Unfortunately, I couldn't finish this game because I found it very boring. I tried to stick with it, and played up until you have to go back the dog outside of the pet store to help Benni.

When he told me I had to go get help from the mouse in the field, I turned it off.
Unfortunately it kind of felt like one big fetch quest to me, and also I found the font a bit hard to read at times.

However I do still think this was fun for the time that I did play it, which was bout 20 minutes.
Good job!

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much for your feedback!

I'm happy that you like some parts of my game. :smile:

Unfortunately, I couldn't finish this game because I found it very boring.
I know that not every game can be perfect for every player, but I will keep in mind what you said for my next projects. This is my first MV game (I started with another game for Ace, so this is my second game altogether), so the only thing I can do is to improve myself. So every kind of feedback is really helpful for me! :wink:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't finished yet, but I am enjoying the game so far! I like how places with food are highlighted, so it makes it easier to find, and know when it is void of anymore food. It's done in a way that doesn't look jarring, either. I do think sometimes the food meter seems to dwindle a bit too fast at times, though I also notice it seems to dwindle faster when you aren't as highly hydrated, so I dunno if that may be linked?
Currently, the translation seems to be done really well. So far, I only saw one word in which was incorrect, even though I know what you mean. One dialogue it says enemies will "persecute" you, when I am sure you mean "pursue" you, lol. But overall, the translation is not bad!

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much :LZScheeze:

I'm really glad that you are enjoying it!

I do think sometimes the food meter seems to dwindle a bit too fast at times, though I also notice it seems to dwindle faster when you aren't as highly hydrated, so I dunno if that may be linked?
No, they are not linked. The only thing linked is the life meter - it depletes if hunger or thirst is empty, and it depletes faster if both are empty.
If you think the food dwindles too far (or too slow :wink:), you can change the difficulty (this can be done in the middle of the game, but I would recommend to change it at the start of a new game instead).

Currently, the translation seems to be done really well. So far, I only saw one word in which was incorrect, even though I know what you mean. One dialogue it says enemies will "persecute" you, when I am sure you mean "pursue" you, lol. But overall, the translation is not bad!
Thank you! :smile:
Of course I will change that.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mini Update 1.05-EN

It's not much - I actually wanted to collect - but since nothing else has come in yet and I don't want to put off the update forever, here's the new version.

I had considered changing the font to a more readable one, but decided against it due to the amount of work involved (every single text box would have to be checked and possibly adapted). Future projects will (hopefully) get a better font from the beginning.

Changelog

- Translation improved.
- Added links to the english forum.

Startpost has been edited.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 1.3

Thanks to a successful and entertaining stream of an user in the german forums, I noticed some bugs and opportunities for improvement, which I have now (hopefully) fixed with the 1.3 update.

Changelog

- Added life meter to the HUD.
- The music in the final credits is now looping.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Added the year of the first release in the titlescreen.
- The language can now be changed in-game.
- Changed the installation programm of the game.

Download here.

Zion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 1.31

Sorry, needed to fix two little bugs...
- Fixed a missing translation.
- Selected language is now saved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen