Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I just finished copying files from the directory and trying the game, when I also wanted to translate the word "Miss". At the beginning everything worked, but when I modified it for the second time it started to give a syntax error in the last line of the game battler script, that is the line of the second time it repeats "end". How can I solve it?

Attachments

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What if you post the full script here. It probably needs the whole context. You might miss a single "end" keyword or accidentally put too many "end".

Luca74Hej

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
italiano
Primarily Uses
RMXP
What if you post the full script here. It probably needs the whole context. You might miss a single "end" keyword or accidentally put too many "end".
copying the script from another project would solve the problem?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unless you can remember everything you did, I'd probably suggest you replace that script with one from a new, unmodified game and start over, being more careful. Could be that you removed an end or added one too many, the error message doesn't really give any idea.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just so you understand:
"syntax error" is the computer's way to tell you that you wrote something wrong, something that makes no sense. Basically the same as if you do a lexical or grammatical error in a real language.

And unless you know exactly where you changed something and what you did, you would need programming knowledge to find and understand where you typed wrong in that script.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana