Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
unnamed.png

“Those who control the present, control the past. And those who control the past control the future.”

That’s what they say, anyway, but maybe they are wrong. Who knows? If you were able to go back in time and take the risk of changing everything you know, would you do it?

“A Timely Intervention” in an innovative role-playing game featuring spectacular battle visuals, polished gameplay mechanisms, an intricate storyline and a cast of colourful characters.

For the first part of the game, play as 2 separate parties, as the story goes back and forth between them. Each party has its own hopes and goals; when they meet can those be reconciled as they join forces? And how can they know what their choices will bring? Delve into a brand new world full of characters, secrets and possibilities.

FEATURES

Customize your game to suit your preferences

• Choose between visible and invisible enemies
  • If you choose invisible enemies, vary the encounter rate from the menu
  • Choose your difficulty level: Easy, Normal, Hard, Legendary. Be warned – it’s called Legendary for a reason
  • Choose enable/disable mouse as often as you like
General

• 10 playable characters
  • Five characters in the active party to add strategic depth
  • Many skills level up with use. How strong they are depends on you
  • 8-direction movement with mouse or keyboard
  • 17 side quests
  • 30 secret rooms to discover – with an awesome bonus if you find them all
  • 25 – 30 hours of gameplay if you do everything
  • Fresh-looking enemies, dynamic battles, beautiful environments and great music
  • 121-page Strategy Guide available with annotated maps, suggestions and hints for battles, and help with Secret Rooms and Quests placed at the end so that you can avoid knowing if you want to.
On Steam:

Price : $9.99 minus a 20% launch discount

Free demo available, lasts about 1hr 30 if you do everything. Click the image in my signature, then choose 'Download'

In collaboration with Aldorlea Games

Screenshots

Title screen.png

atimelyintervention06.jpg

548656screenshotATI01.jpg

atimelyintervention08.jpg
Shrine floor.png
Igni Cave 5.png

Some of the Characters
Osric, Allissia and Havoc
02-alissia-osric-havoc.png
Leofric
05-leofric.png

General Riyland and Minister Dreclet
55684103aldo.jpg

Last edited:

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
"Be warned – it’s called Legendary for a reason"

How difficult are we talking here, ksjp17? You don't need to get to level 6 before you can go to the second area like you do in Dragon Quest VIII, do you? Or is it more of a Shin Megami Tensei / Persona difficult?

Anyway, congrats on your release, ksjp!

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Usually (though not always) an increase in difficulty means that HP and ATK are increased.  Here all stats are increased.  That does make it much tougher.  On the other hand, because it is all of them, it's not like some games where ATK and HP are increased by huge percentages and so every enemy becomes a long slog. With across the board stat increases, it is still possible to have fast battles.  But  you do need to use your skills well.  

Indy (who always plays in legendary mode) can get through with roughly the same levels that I have when I'm playing Normal, so it is not necessary to grind for ever before you move on to a new area. But he's a very strategic player, others might have to be a level or two higher.  What you do have to do in this game is use your skills so that they level up.  You don't get e.g. a weak fire skill and then a bit later a strong fire skill.  You get one fire skill and how strong it is depends on how much you use it - up to its maximum limit, of course.  In all modes you will suffer if you have tried to spam attack, but in Legendary it will be even worse.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer.

Hmm, I think I ought to edit that bit about skills into the opening post.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Checked it out today, only got to the first village. Going crazy looking for Secret Room 2 (found 3 no problem, 2 seems to be eluding me). Will post more as I play more.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Secret Room 2 - try hunting around on Coastal Woods 2 (back near the beginning).  Look for stray bits of earth path.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the hint! I'll check it out when I return to the game (when I take my next development break). Game looks well done so far, good job!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the kind words.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Congratulations. Always a pleasure to work with someone as dedicated and talented as you. :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the compliment! I have to say that working with you has also been a pleasure.  I've learned a lot from your vast store of knowledge and experience.  And without your genius level balancing skill the game would be nowhere near as good.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am so happy to see this release. I have worked closely with Ksjp17 as a tester throughout most of the development. This is the 2nd title that I have tested, and while I completely loved A Common Man, Ksjp17 has managed to draw me in even further with this title. I looked forward to each new build so I could see what would happen next. I highly recommend this title to anyone out there as it really is a shining example of what can be done in RPG Maker!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you.  I hope others find it as enjoyable as you did.  And as your testing contributed to the quality of the final game, you can take some of the credit for that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New screenshots added to the opening post:

A floor which makes a statement about itself
Shrine floor.png

A bit too hot for comfort.
Igni Cave 5.png

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Found a couple of bugs I thought you might wish to know about. I know you are on vacation, but wanted to post them while I remember them.

1: When with party 2, and on the world map, it is possible to lock up the game. This occurs if you try to go on without turning in the bounty and the move route tries to move you into the lake (check your events NW of the lake, it was one of those that got me stuck as it was trying to force me to move to right, but right was impassible).

2: About the time party 2 arrives in the Berwen, the name of the map stops showing up for any map, for both parties. I think you might have turned it off via an event and forgot to turn it back on, as it worked perfectly until then. It occurred sometime between when party 2 arrived in Berwen, and secret room 22 (I figured out which secret room it was by the save game file, as it didn't display). Strangely, loading an old save game and replaying that segment seems to have cleared the bug, so it has to be an event in one of the houses in Berwen that is turning off the map. Only thing I did differently in the replay was I didn't save the old man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
1: When with party 2, and on the world map, it is possible to lock up the game. This occurs if you try to go on without turning in the bounty and the move route tries to move you into the lake (check your events NW of the lake, it was one of those that got me stuck as it was trying to force me to move to right, but right was impassible).
Would you have a screenshot per chance? I'm trying to fix this glitch but finding it difficult to locate where the problem happens.

2: About the time party 2 arrives in the Berwen, the name of the map stops showing up for any map, for both parties. I think you might have turned it off via an event and forgot to turn it back on, as it worked perfectly until then. It occurred sometime between when party 2 arrived in Berwen, and secret room 22 (I figured out which secret room it was by the save game file, as it didn't display). Strangely, loading an old save game and replaying that segment seems to have cleared the bug, so it has to be an event in one of the houses in Berwen that is turning off the map. Only thing I did differently in the replay was I didn't save the old man.

I might need to wait for Kes to locate this one...  :distrust:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sure thing. What happened is I was standing right here (where I am on the screenshot), and it moved me right, then repeated the event, then repeated the event again, but the third time it repeats it can't move me right due to the lake.

Bug%20-%20Screenshot%202_zpsux46sqaq.png
I have save games from before and after the map name bug occurred, I'll see if I can replicate it. It did happen a 2nd time after the parties joined, but it went away pretty soon afterwards.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thanks, now I understand what's going on.

Kes uses the "move backwards" event which, coupled to the diag moves, is a bit risky IMO.

I'll try to fix it strengthening the whole part...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That would make sense! And now I know to stay away from the move backwards if I decide to go to diagonal movement in my game later.

Did finish the game too, that was all I found except for one map I could walk on the ceiling.

This is the room where you find the leader of party 2, after he is hurt. If you go down from here, you can walk on the ceiling.

Bug%20-%20Screenshot%201_zps0fojhmzy.png

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
now I know to stay away from the move backwards if I decide to go to diagonal movement in my game later.
Not necessarily stay away from it, but always keep in mind what it can do so you can try to place your "blocks" in a way that won't open the door to bugs.

Did finish the game too, that was all I found except for one map I could walk on the ceiling.
Good catch, fixed that one too.

So how did you like the game? :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I thought it was pretty decent. I will admit I liked Tale of a Common Man a little more, but maybe I just liked the story of the farmer rising up and trying to get revenge without losing himself a little more than this one.

Only thing I wish was done differently is I wish I could have gone back to some of the older zones in the game after Berwen. See, I had intentionally put off a couple of secret door findings as I usually did the dungeon first, then went back for secret room. But, once I got to Berwen, I was locked into going forward, and I could not go back and find the 5 secret rooms I had skipped on the way. So, I ended up with only 24 of the 30 (I missed one late too somehow, #25), because I couldn't retreat to older zones.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes : I don't know if it's on my end, but every picture only displays [ IMG ] (without spaces)
instead of the actual pictures, including in your signature.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just wanna Covid to be over and I have my normal life back... Feeling so bad these days, what can I do?
Holy Moly BlackJack is Finally finished!
Don't judge me, I'm not great at the game.
BlackJack.png
Jatopian wrote on war40k's profile.
What did you find for your plugin request?
Progress on my game for RSE is almost done! I should be able to release it next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaAlpacaArts