A title card that briefly appears when you enter a map?

captainette777

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try my best to make this as clear and concise as possible, since it's my first post.

I'm looking for a plugin where every time the player enters a town from another town, a dungeon full of monsters, or a mysterious
building, etc, a title card briefly covers the screen(like a little transition) showing the name and/or floor number that the player is
currently on. Or instead of every time, maybe just the first time they enter the town/dungeon. Or even better, maybe show a picture/artwork from the img/picture folder that illustrates what the place would look like up close, for better immersion.

The little display title that appears in the top left corner of a map that is the default in MV seems easy to miss, and
while the player can get location info from a command or a map, the idea of a brief title card transition seems really cool to me, and much better than just fading in from a normal transition and then plopping the character down in a whole new area.

I got the idea from the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, where the first idea came from, and Pokemon HG & SS, where the second idea for the artwork came from. For reference have links to pics below--
Mystery Dungeon Map Intro Card
HGSS Intro Card that would show every time you went into the National Park
I hope video links to Youtube are allowed!
Go to 0:38. HG &SS version
3:12 and 6:20 for examples. Mystery Dungeon ver.

I hope I was thorough enough. I had trouble eventing it properly, and I'm at my wits end, so I wondered if a plugin was a smarter, less confusing way to do it.

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't help with a plugin, but this is a basic eventable system.

Simply add an event to each map you want to show a "title card" on. It should be set as parallel process, and do something like the following:

upload_2018-4-26_14-31-12.png

You would need a separate picture for each title card you wanted. And you could play around with the various effects of picture display for transition.

If you only want it to show the first time a player visits a map, use a self switch instead of erase event. Or if you want to turn it on/off at different times use a regular switch.

captainette777

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't help with a plugin, but this is a basic eventable system.

Simply add an event to each map you want to show a "title card" on. It should be set as parallel process, and do something like the following:

View attachment 88649

You would need a separate picture for each title card you wanted. And you could play around with the various effects of picture display for transition.

If you only want it to show the first time a player visits a map, use a self switch instead of erase event. Or if you want to turn it on/off at different times use a regular switch.
Nice idea! What size do you suggest the picture should be?

EDIT: Never mind, I can just make it the resolution of the screen. I was unsure at first because I changed my resolution to 3x it's original size and didn't even think of the change. :kaoangry:I'm dumb.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Check out SpokenWord- my text-to-speech plugin for RPG Maker MV!
just watched spacex launch. was awesome.
Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizz