RMMV A way to automatically switch to another font if there's an specific missing letter in the current one (?)

Bolonskiy

Meat balls
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Sorry for the weird title.
Now, to give a better explanation:

I'm brazilian, and the words in my language commonly require accentuation
(I don't know if there's a better word for this in English), for example: É, Â, Õ or Ù
Recently, I found a perfect font to use for my game, but it doesn't support accentuation at all. I've then created a new font, by editing the original letters to add said accentuation (Note, the font ONLY contains the letters I've edited). Now, I have no means of changing fonts mid-text without it being a big, disgusting hassle, there are just too many words that use accentuation in Portuguese.

So, I was wondering if something that specifically does what I need already exists, or if someone could make that plugin if it isn't too hard... I just can't give up this font, none other suits my game. :confused:

Also, this is my first time actually posting anything, so I'm sorry if there's anything wrong with something like the board that this was posted on.

Zero_G

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You will have a better time just editing the said font with the missing accentuated characters (instead of making a new font with only the accentuated characters)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D
Update... no scam calls all day. I think they learned their lesson. And I'm working on a fake anti-piracy video, featuring a fan game I'm making in MV. If I had the permission to make the game a licensed game that I could sell (rather than having it totally free like fan games are required to be), I'd use a really cool anti-piracy screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hjbkwjhef