A way to make summons without going into every enemy troop?

Kelphy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would like to be able to add a skill that allows me to summon a party member or better yet even a monster? It's not that I'm lazy but it is too much to add to every monster troop all the coding to just have to possibly edit it all every single time I want to change something(like adding dialogue).

Can anyone think of an easy efficient way to do this that doesn't involve having to do coding in every single troop? 

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thank you.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use enemy troop to add extra polish to my summoning system, but if you just want to summon for a battle/remove after battle, It's easy.

have the summon skill, call a common event that adds the summon to party, as well as turn on a switch.

Then you make another common event that requires said switch, remove the summon(which will take place after battle)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelphy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh yeah good point >.< I am still in the RM2K thinking days.

Jordyce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's Base Troop Engine also lets you apply battle events across all battles but only require you make them once.

Wanted to place an event in every single battle but copy/pasting it is too inefficient? Now, you can do it using Base Troop Events, where every single battle takes a template of events from the selected troop you want it to!

Kelphy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yanfly's Base Troop Engine also lets you apply battle events across all battles but only require you make them once.
Oh that's extremely useful, thank you!

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to be able to add a skill that allows me to summon a party member or better yet even a monster? It's not that I'm lazy but it is too much to add to every monster troop all the coding to just have to possibly edit it all every single time I want to change something(like adding dialogue).

Can anyone think of an easy efficient way to do this that doesn't involve having to do coding in every single troop? 

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thank you.
Hi Kelphy!

i seem to run into you in a lot of these summoning topics.

I am pretty new. I both Vx Ace aproximateli 7 weeks ago and i converted the project i had into MV ofcourse when it was released,

but i cant make any of my summons from ace work in MV. It seems for me like you got the hang of it  :)

Is it possible for you to tell me how you event  them ?

I have actors i use as summons and i have made skill and skill type. i was using common event  and a script named Aeon party with  in ace, but now i think i need hope that someone make a plugin for it or is there another way?

sry. my bad spelling english aint my language.

Kelphy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Kelphy!

i seem to run into you in a lot of these summoning topics.

I am pretty new. I both Vx Ace aproximateli 7 weeks ago and i converted the project i had into MV ofcourse when it was released,

but i cant make any of my summons from ace work in MV. It seems for me like you got the hang of it  :)

Is it possible for you to tell me how you event  them ?

I have actors i use as summons and i have made skill and skill type. i was using common event  and a script named Aeon party with  in ace, but now i think i need hope that someone make a plugin for it or is there another way?

sry. my bad spelling english aint my language.
What part confuses you?

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What part confuses you?
 Thx for replying  :)

I want to add an actor by summon skill that is not gonna be in party after battle. I tried different common events in the summon skill that i made .

I tried to add an actor and then remove actor with another common event. 

I wounder if there is something about troopps that i must event. or if i should make the common event calls in troop?

The last thing i tried was to use a switch at srat of common event and a new call common event that removes the actor 

that Zoltor said earlier. But then it laggs so i cant continue after battle it goes really slow and player want move.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 Thx for replying  :)

I want to add an actor by summon skill that is not gonna be in party after battle. I tried different common events in the summon skill that i made .

I tried to add an actor and then remove actor with another common event. 

I wounder if there is something about troopps that i must event. or if i should make the common event calls in troop?

The last thing i tried was to use a switch at srat of common event and a new call common event that removes the actor 

that Zoltor said earlier. But then it laggs so i cant continue after battle it goes really slow and player want move.
Make sure you turn off the switch tied to the common event that removes summon, because It's going to be constantly running the common event while out of battle, even when it doesn't need to, if you don't.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Make sure you turn off the switch tied to the common event that removes summon, because It's going to be constantly running the common event while out of battle, even when it doesn't need to, if you don't.
 AAAhhh ! BD   :rock-left:   :rock-right:

You nailed it for me. Now it works like sunshine !

Thx dude. 

Its really appreciated.

So i now worked in an conditional branch so that if the summon dies mid battle it wil vanish and the summoner or other actor in active party joins. i think i have to plug in the switch to off in that branch to then?

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
 AAAhhh ! BD   :rock-left:   :rock-right:

You nailed it for me. Now it works like sunshine !

Thx dude. 

Its really appreciated.

So i now worked in an conditional branch so that if the summon dies mid battle it wil vanish and the summoner or other actor in active party joins. i think i have to plug in the switch to off in that branch to then?
That's what I use the battle event for with my summoning system, if the Summon dies, It's removed, and the person who summoned it returns. You don't need a condition branch though(unless MV made troop event conditions more limited)

I do, but technically you don't have to, because it will be turned off after battle anyway, but still I suggest you do so, as It's a neater eventing job.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just run in to a couple of other things in this summon.

the conditional branch when summon dies mid battle does not function. summon stays dead in battle, but is still removed after battle 

and thats good thats what i want. 

But do any have any  idea on how the summon can be removed when dead in mid battle?

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I use the battle event for with my summoning system, if the Summon dies, It's removed, and the person who summoned it returns. You don't need a condition branch though(unless MV made troop event conditions more limited)

I do, but technically you don't have to, because it will be turned off after battle anyway, but still I suggest you do so, as It's a neater eventing job.
Ok i think i need to try this plugin, i allready intalled it but did not try it yet.

so i put my conditional baranch in the troop [1].

if i understood you correctly i remove my summoner to add summon and in the second common event i remove summon and

add summoner, and in troop event i add conditional branch.

i try this.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok i think i need to try this plugin, i allready intalled it but did not try it yet.

so i put my conditional baranch in the troop [1].

if i understood you correctly i remove my summoner to add summon and in the second common event i remove summon and

add summoner, and in troop event i add conditional branch.

i try this.
Yea, for the death trigger event, it would be good to use that troop event plugin.

No condition branch at all.

Set the page condition of the troop event to say if Actor(whatever summons you have) HP hits 0

No no no, the death event, and the "normal" add/remove events are completely different things.

Keep the common event I had you make before alone, this way if a Summon Isn't killed during battle, they can be removed after battle(+get your Summoner added back into the part).

All the troop event should be handling, is if a summon dies in battle, nothing else.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea, for the death trigger event, it would be good to use that troop event plugin.

No condition branch at all.

Set the page condition of the troop event to say if Actor(whatever summons you have) HP hits 0

No no no, the death event, and the "normal" add/remove events are completely different things.

Keep the common event I had you make before alone, this way if a Summon Isn't killed during battle, they can be removed after battle(+get your Summoner added back into the part).

All the troop event should be handling, is if a summon dies in battle, nothing else.
Thx ! That explanation helped a lot. Its very much appreciated. :D

You are great help, but now i ran into another issue. My game consist of like 12 actors and +5summons(actors) 17actors in total and when i have initialized 5 or 6 actors in party the summon skill adds the the next in from party to battle formation instead of the summon actor from common event.

In my common event it  is said to remove summoner and add the summon(another actor).

Do you know what i`m doing wrong her?

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thx ! That explanation helped a lot. Its very much appreciated. :D

You are great help, but now i ran into another issue. My game consist of like 12 actors and +5summons(actors) 17actors in total and when i have initialized 5 or 6 actors in party the summon skill adds the the next in from party to battle formation instead of the summon actor from common event.

In my common event it  is said to remove summoner and add the summon(another actor).

Do you know what i`m doing wrong her?
Yep np.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Can you explain it another way or show SSs of the issue.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep np.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Can you explain it another way or show SSs of the issue.
Well what i tried to explain was: 

When you have more than 4 actors initialized my problem starts.

Then when i use the summon skill in battle it should summon the actor from common event, right?

But instead of bringing in the summoned actor it brings in another actor that i left out of battle formation.

If i am right you are only able to battle with 4 of your members in party but your party  may consist of more actors.

So my summon actors never gets initialized and will not be playable part of the game unless the summoner have the right skill

to use in battle.

In short the skill brings in another member from party, not the summon.

Sry i am not able to show the issue in SSs.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well what i tried to explain was: 

When you have more than 4 actors initialized my problem starts.

Then when i use the summon skill in battle it should summon the actor from common event, right?

But instead of bringing in the summoned actor it brings in another actor that i left out of battle formation.

If i am right you are only able to battle with 4 of your members in party but your party  may consist of more actors.

So my summon actors never gets initialized and will not be playable part of the game unless the summoner have the right skill

to use in battle.

In short the skill brings in another member from party, not the summon.

Sry i am not able to show the issue in SSs.
I'y pretty sure you can technically have 5, 4 initially, and a 5th through adding such like with a summon, may be different with MV though.

However in your case, this should never become a issue anyway, since you's replacing a Acter with another one.

Try removing the Summoner 1st, and then adding the summon, if that's not how it is already. If there's a party size limitation issue getting in the way, that should fix it.

Also just to make sure this Isn't causing issues, don't place Summons in the party default setup page at all, even if It's in a 5, 6 or whatnot slot, because even though they might not beable to join battle, the engine is probally counting it as being already part of your party.

SuperBlaze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'y pretty sure you can technically have 5, 4 initially, and a 5th through adding such like with a summon, may be different with MV though.

However in your case, this should never become a issue anyway, since you's replacing a Acter with another one.

Try removing the Summoner 1st, and then adding the summon, if that's not how it is already. If there's a party size limitation issue getting in the way, that should fix it.

Also just to make sure this Isn't causing issues, don't place Summons in the party default setup page at all, even if It's in a 5, 6 or whatnot slot, because even though they might not beable to join battle, the engine is probally counting it as being already part of your party.
Hmm... i`v ben trying different setups now. And this is what allways happens if i have 4 actors in party and then use summon everything is superb, but as soon as

i have 5 actors in party and then use summon it summons the  5th actor( the one i left out of battle).

I really dont know why?  i have the setup that you told earlier with common event remove and add actor pluss the switch on then off.

In my openion i have two options:  either make game with only four actors to use other actors as summons or use the add state as summon

Right now i am thinking of using the state to add summon witch you have been talking about in another topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr