A way to stop battle from immediately ending.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to stop battle from immediately ending after defeating every enemy on screen? I want another enemy to appear right after the previous ones were destroyed, but without starting another battle.

Aceinfurno

The Padawan
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can have addons join the battle by coding it into the Troops battle event, having them "appear halfway" by right clicking the enemy model, and setting up for them to appear using the 3rd tab battle options

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can have addons join the battle by coding it into the Troops battle event, having them "appear halfway" by right clicking the enemy model, and setting up for them to appear using the 3rd tab battle options
I tried that, but the battle still ends after every visible enemy is defeated.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
two ways:
you can either use a plugin to give additional triggers to troop events, or you can use an immortal state to trick the engine into handling troop events.

the second part basically requires a troop event on turn zero that gives all enemies an immortal state, then one troop event for each enemy conditioned to HP=0.
on those troop events you count up how many enemies are defeted before removing the immortal state, killing the enemy only after the troop event completed.
if the last enemy is dead, you add the new enemies before removing the immortal state.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
two ways:
you can either use a plugin to give additional triggers to troop events, or you can use an immortal state to trick the engine into handling troop events.

the second part basically requires a troop event on turn zero that gives all enemies an immortal state, then one troop event for each enemy conditioned to HP=0.
on those troop events you count up how many enemies are defeted before removing the immortal state, killing the enemy only after the troop event completed.
if the last enemy is dead, you add the new enemies before removing the immortal state.
Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG
Add Smart Help Window Popup to Items and Skills | RPG Maker News #79

Is it unusual to think your own music is strange? xD I honestly don't know if I'm gonna use any of them :p
I've been keeping my cards fairly close to my chest, but Team Muxedo Task is proud to present the first offering for our contest entry: the title screen background.1624496085488.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noverian