A weirdo appeared out of the blue!

alan-p

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hewo! wanted to introduce myself. I'm alan and i'm new to rpg maker. I'm mainly an artist (pixel art or just normal res pictures) but I also have an interest in coding.

So i started trying to make a game for a few years now, but I usually get the difficulty curve of also needing to learn the language for the engine (*cough cough* unity *cough cough*) and then I just end up flipping the table because it felt like the project was going nowhere. I now got rpg maker mv (was thinking of getting vx first but then the deal on steam popped up <.<) and watched a few tutorials on how it works and I feel like I can make a game finally without the difficulty curve. And the other thing is that I can program if I really need to like a bullet hell thing if I really wanted to.

so ye that's my game dev story >.>

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome!

Yeah the difficulty curve is much smaller with RPG Maker than with Unity lol. If you don't need the extra power offered by Unity and its features, then you made the right decision to come here!

BitBrosGames

*Keeps ruminating*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Use the tool that best suits your needs. :)
Welcome here and good luck with your project! ^^

alan-p

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uwu imma post an alpha dl when I finish the world where you start and can do missions on it bc rn I just started on it and it's blank
unknown.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Got a windowskin working nicely to go with Mog's menu plugins.
p8BE5bj.png

tsD4gZS.png

nwpeK84.png
Just getting started on RPG maker and having a blast!
I am once again escalating in the kitchen. I might or might not be 4 types of cookies into baking and not finished...
Today is a great day!
A bust of my character, Lizzabelle, that I put together in GIMP. I combined the RMMZ generated face with my actual illustration of her. This is just me experimenting with busts. I don't really want to use busts in dialogue, but perhaps in the character menu.

2Ixbzbd.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahbsz