A2 Tilesets keep Breaking! Please help!

Encregen

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am trying to import a custom tile over top of an existing one on a copy of the ground tiles.

Outside_A2.png
1601324158196.png

I have taken this image to a photo editor and deducted from this and from research that the tiles are about 48x48 pixels. However, when I paste in my own tile into the tileset and export it out, it completely corrupts the tiles in MV.

1601324434586.png

1601324620917.png

Could someone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see several "custom" tiles that are NOT correctly formatted autotiles. Those tiles will never work correctly.

The engine creates the placement by using four quartertiles, and the autotiles are supposed to be collections of twenty quartertiles that will be used to create those tiles.

Please check this old tutorial - it is for VXA but the autotiles for MV work exactly the same:

You just have to replace any reference to 16 pixel quarters from VXA with 24 pixel quarters for MV/MZ, but the pictures and explanations are the same. And those will show you why the custom tiles you tried to use are completely wrong.

EDIT:
And make sure the tilesheet is in the correct slot. A2-sheets can ONLY be used in the A2 slot, the other slots have different formats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:
EpicFILE wrote on Dr_Bonehead's profile.
Dr_Bonehead? You're in this forum too? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fontschoice