HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It wasn't too hard to repro: I just put a swamp on the map and walked around until I found a spot that damaged the heroes, but wasn't swampland. Which, it turned out, was a large chunk of the map. Anyway, have that up in a minute.

Er, how do I upload to this forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It wasn't too hard to repro: I just put a swamp on the map and walked around until I found a spot that damaged the heroes, but wasn't swampland. Which, it turned out, was a large chunk of the map. Anyway, have that up in a minute.

Er, how do I upload to this forum?
Ah, I understand it now, no need to upload the sample :)

Lady

Mapper, pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seem that diagonal movement only respond to keyboard but not mouse or I did something wrong?

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It seem that diagonal movement only respond to keyboard but not mouse or I did something wrong?
You are correct. Most of the plugin features will only respond to keyboard, but I will add diagonal support for the mouse movement at some point over the next few days.

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Awesome! You rly do a amazing job Hudell! And in such a short time allready :)
You mentioned credits (ofc!) the rest of the terms is free to use? Both commercial or freeware?

Kaus

The Sagittarius Bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
I tried adding this with yanfly's region restriction. it doesn't work...

Plugins in order:

>MVCommons

>PixelMovement

>YanflyCore

>RegionRestriction

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It should if you add his script after mine.
I'm testing here both before and after the order of plugins, and it doesn't seem to work in any order. If I disable your plugin, then regions work again, if I activate your plugin, then regions restrictions doesn't work.

duckgirl

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
also i noticed that my characters animate weird, only using 2 animation frames instead of 3.
I also noticed this! My characters are also using only 2 of the 3 animation frames.

But it is otherwise so perfect, thank you!

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi again...I tested around a bit for now. Still amazing how much plugins and work you did in this little time.

Still I have a little/big problem. When using your Pixel Movement I get problems with the size of other events.

For example:

I cant get past the orc at this point. That seems quite confusing for my eyes, cause they expect me to pass the Orc easily...perspective and such. ^^

Ofc I understand that its a matter of the 2 rectangle of the events that collide there.

I tried your avoid obstacles Script as Addon, but that "jump like" evasion doesnt seem to fit for me :/

So I thought about changing the eventsize with your other script, but that seems quite a lot work for every event in the game.

Can I maybe use it for the Player itself and set his own collider to his feet? or something like that? :)

I hope that wouldnt end in dodging all arrows and traps to easy ^^

Maybe I think way to complicated and u did it in a far easier way.

Just wanted to ask if u got a Idea how to solve my problem :) )

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, there were a lot of messages here that I got no notification for!

I'll check all of your issues once I finish some last changes on Orange Hud.

@Nomi: You can set the actor hitbox on the database. It works the same way of EventHitboxes, except that you can set a size in pixel for it (this feature is already included in Orange Movement). To change the height of the character, you can add this on the actor's note:

<hitboxHeight: 48>

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hum, that doesnt seem to work for me. Still colliding hair to feet or even air ^^

Added        <hitboxHeight: 28>       to Main Actors hitbox.

Just the Pixel Momevment script? Not the other one for changing event size? :)

Enthroned

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Correct me if i'm wrong but pixel movement seems don't reconize directional passes from down and above in a correct way. I set Tile_Sections to 2. If I set the passability to * but set just 3 possible directions like up, left and right and try to pass the tile, it blocks the last 1/2 of the tile, but it shouldn't because the passability is set.

It seems the problem comes with bigger character sprites. I can't descripe it so I try it with pictures:

http://file2.npage.de/012502/01/bilder/example_pixelmovement2.png

The bigger and smaller character should stand completely behind the desk like in the picture with the red colour inside. But as you can see in the pictures the last 1/2 tile of the lower direction blocks the sprites and because the bigger sprite is not at the edges of a 48x48 tile it looks a bit silly.

Maybe there is a workaround or fix for that, if it is a bug. Aniways good work!

(sorry for my english)

RedAkerston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Adding to the other comments about region restrictions plugin not working with this.

I love this plugin and thank you greatly for it. Pretty much an essential for any game...

but so is region restrictions... so... anyway, hopefully it can be figured out in time.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's no way to fix the incompatibility with Yanfly's Region Restrictions (his script won't recognize pixel movement), so I added all the missing features on my Region Collision script.

Awesome! You rly do a amazing job Hudell! And in such a short time allready :)

You mentioned credits (ofc!) the rest of the terms is free to use? Both commercial or freeware?
Yes! Free for any project.

Hum, that doesnt seem to work for me. Still colliding hair to feet or even air ^^

Added        <hitboxHeight: 28>       to Main Actors hitbox.

Just the Pixel Momevment script? Not the other one for changing event size? :)
Fixed this on version 1.0.2

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to get this plugin working. After adding them in and turning them on, the game doesn't recognize diagonal inputs, and it's still tile based movement. I tried loading just the MVCommons and the Super Orange Movement in a new project and it still doesn't work. :T

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to get this plugin working. After adding them in and turning them on, the game doesn't recognize diagonal inputs, and it's still tile based movement. I tried loading just the MVCommons and the Super Orange Movement in a new project and it still doesn't work. :T
Hmmm.. Are you moving with the mouse or keyboard? The diagonal is only available for the keyboard for now. And to enable pixel movement for the mouse, you have to change one of the params (DisablePixelMovementForMouseRoutes).

Vassim74

It's a Secret!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm moving with the keyboard, but just in case I went ahead and enabled pixel movement for mouse and still nada. I'm gonna try copy/pasting the plugins again to see if it helps.

EDIT: Huh, reobtaining the plugins (for the third time on my part) seems to have fixed this for some reason. Weird, but I'm glad I got this working now. Thanks a lot for such a great script :)

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm moving with the keyboard, but just in case I went ahead and enabled pixel movement for mouse and still nada. I'm gonna try copy/pasting the plugins again to see if it helps.

EDIT: Huh, reobtaining the plugins (for the third time on my part) seems to have fixed this for some reason. Weird, but I'm glad I got this working now. Thanks a lot for such a great script :)
Weird, indeed. I'll update all my threads with direct links for the script files, so maybe this kind of problem will stop.

andai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Hudell! Perfect pixel movement script like like the one you have on Ace! =D

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Airships really, really don't work with this plugin. They won't land consistently, I got it to land where it shouldn't, and then I got a game lock when I tried to re-board. The standard ship was even worse.
Vehicles should be fixed now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rondo730