[Abandoned Plugin] Super Orange Movement

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey Hudell,

I browse the plugin section a lot lately and just saw Quasis Movement Plugin. He seems to have a nice feature to handle the collision with other Events and the map. (a drawn collision map)

I just asked myself if there would be something similar possible with your plugin or how u handle it yourself :)

Nice day to ya

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Hudell,

I browse the plugin section a lot lately and just saw Quasis Movement Plugin. He seems to have a nice feature to handle the collision with other Events and the map. (a drawn collision map)

I just asked myself if there would be something similar possible with your plugin or how u handle it yourself :)

Nice day to ya
Yup, I have something similar planned, but haven't been able to implement it yet.

DoctorMolotov

Adrenochrome...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
With regards to not using the full sprite animation, and that other issue I mentioned in the PM I sent... I noticed that the issue (turning and bush glitch) doesn't happen when Tile_Sections is set to 1. When it is set to 2 (or higher), then I get the little character turning different directions glitch, as well as the bush effect not taking place. The full sprite animation may or may not be affected by the tile section thing.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi again Hudell... :(
Sadly I have an issue with your plugin.

I created a bigger Sprite for my game ($ 192 x 256) and it just plays the first 2 rows of animation and ignores the third. 

So sadly just one leg is moving. If I kick out your script it works fine. I guess u programmed the pixel movement somehow special for the sprite size?

I hope u know whats the prob and got a easy answer for me :(

Best wishes 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again Hudell... :(

Sadly I have an issue with your plugin.

I created a bigger Sprite for my game ($ 192 x 256) and it just plays the first 2 rows of animation and ignores the third. 

So sadly just one leg is moving. If I kick out your script it works fine. I guess u programmed the pixel movement somehow special for the sprite size?

I hope u know whats the prob and got a easy answer for me :(

Best wishes
Do you mind sending me that Sprite? I've had a similar report in the past, it's probably a bug on my script. I'll try to fix it soon.

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
You got post Hudell...btw. its just a naked template and got not sidewalkers yet...wanted to test it first.
But that shouldnt change anything, without plugin they work fine :)

Bedtime here, have fun in the sun in Brazil ...bye bye

RyanBram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear, Hudell.
This is a very advance script, but I still find 2 important missing. I hope these features still related with the goal of this script.

If you don't mind, these are the features that I hope will include in your script:

• Diagonal movement without pixel movement. I understand that you script is called Pixel Movement with custom features. I can use Yami 8 direction movement, but yours has more additional features that I need.
  • Diagonal pathfinder. With so many features in your script, my character still cannot move diagonally when I am using mouse.
That's just a little suggestion, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

RyanBram 

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear, Hudell.

This is a very advance script, but I still find 2 important missing. I hope these features still related with the goal of this script.

If you don't mind, these are the features that I hope will include in your script:

• Diagonal movement without pixel movement. I understand that you script is called Pixel Movement with custom features. I can use Yami 8 direction movement, but yours has more additional features that I need.
  • Diagonal pathfinder. With so many features in your script, my character still cannot move diagonally when I am using mouse.
That's just a little suggestion, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

RyanBram
You can use diagonal movement without pixel movement: Just set the Tile_Sections param to 1.

Diagonal pathfinder will be a separate plugin.

Luiiferu

Flying kiwi
Reaction score
First Language
Sumerian
Found this while messing around with the plugin.

If you stop while the character is avoiding an obstacle, and click anywhere, the character freaks out.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found this while messing around with the plugin.

If you stop while the character is avoiding an obstacle, and click anywhere, the character freaks out.
Did you enable the pixel movement for mouse movements?

I just updated the plugin with a few fixes. Will continue working on it.

Luiiferu

Flying kiwi
Reaction score
First Language
Sumerian
Did you enable the pixel movement for mouse movements?

I just updated the plugin with a few fixes. Will continue working on it.
It was set to true so, disabled.

Enabled it freaks out when you click an obstacle. The char gets stuck in It's corner moving back and forth quickly.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've updated the script just now (version 1.4). Can you check if the problem still happens?

Luiiferu

Flying kiwi
Reaction score
First Language
Sumerian
Did.

It still chops the head of the character with the "DisablePixelMovementForMouseRoutes" parameter on true.

When false the character no longer freaks out in any way but.

The blue lines mark areas where the character can't go through.

You can still go below the line and over the non passable tiles(Trunk in case of trees or the bushes)

Only marked the ones I could find.

*It could be a new parameter I'm not aware of...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you send a screenshot of your passability configuration for those trees (the tilset on the database), so I can replicate it here?

Luiiferu

Flying kiwi
Reaction score
First Language
Sumerian
There you go. :)  

Somehow the bushes also block you.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can I move the player character around in events without " move right" being one pixel instead of 1 tile.

Without that functionality, to move the player 1 tile right in an event would cause me to have to script him "move right" 32 times lol.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can I move the player character around in events without " move right" being one pixel instead of 1 tile.

Without that functionality, to move the player 1 tile right in an event would cause me to have to script him "move right" 32 times lol.

I think I may have forgotten to bring that feature when I ported the script from Ace. I'll fix that tonight.

Edit: This one is fixed, I'm still checking the other bugs.

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It looks like the player moves normally now during events, but npcs now teleport tiles instead of walking when moved in the same manner.

Aramis-IX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Same problem here... that makes a pattern. The problem goes away (on my end) when I disable Yanfly's Core Script. Any thoughts?  
Just downloaded Yanfly's most recent Core Engine (1.06) and the most recent version of your movement script (1.4.2) and the problem with the sprite frame cycle went away! Not sure which update did the trick, but I'm happy either way! Thanks Hudell for your continued work and for sharing it with the community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cookie2788