EKyonKun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Title Screen.png

The game starts, and you are playing a young girl named Abigail. She wakes up, dazed and confused, wondering what happened to her earlier that night. She recalls very little, and begins seeking her father in an attempt to get answers for the questions she has. However, she is unable to find him, and must explore the house as you uncover the living conditions that she herself has become accustomed to. Along the way, she will pick up treasured objects that spark distinct memories in her mind, both good and bad.

Screenshot4.png

One aspect of this game is that every single object in this game is able to be examined by the player. Abigail will give a variety of responses to these objects in question. Sometimes she will be helpful, other times she will be sarcastic, and sometimes she will just point out the mundane nature of the object in question. Another aspect of this game is that I made a valid attempt at guessing exactly what any player might do. What this means in terms of gameplay, is that Abigail will (hopefully) give a more appropriate response to certain actions based on the order of events the player has taken. Depending on what the player does or how they respond to her problems, she may question the player or even flat out berate them.

Screenshot6.png

There are also multiple endings to this game. The better the player performs during the game, and the more of the story they see, the better the ending they get will become. The best ending, of course, being unlocked by seeing all the major content in the game.

This is a short, dark adventure game with puzzle elements. There is no large world to explore, only the house that Abigail and her father both live in. Luckily, it is a decently large home to investigate. Despite this, it should only take an hour or two to complete. Maybe even less than that depending on the puzzle solving skills of the player. There are brief, violent scenes, but no blood or gore is ever shown and is only mildly depicted visually. Tragic events do take place, however.

Screenshot7.png

Download links:

Mediafire (Includes RTP)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h4r5jllnuyuidv7/Abigail's_Mementos_V1.2.6_(RTP).exe/file

Mediafire (No RTP)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6fwzrcdwvbjew5/Abigail's_Mementos_V1.2.6_(No_RTP).exe/file

GameJolt (No RTP)
https://gamejolt.com/games/AbigailsMementos/408784

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found two endings so far ( haven't had time yet to mess around to find more - I'm guessing there has to be at least one more given the two I found. ) I like how pretty much everything can be examined, and I am always on board for piano puzzles and box-pushing.

EKyonKun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Found two endings so far ( haven't had time yet to mess around to find more - I'm guessing there has to be at least one more given the two I found. ) I like how pretty much everything can be examined, and I am always on board for piano puzzles and box-pushing.
Thank you so much! There are actually four total endings you can get, all of them achieved by ending the game with a specific number of mementos.

Also, I made everything examinable because I was tired of playing RPGs and seeing something eye-catching, only to have the player character have nothing at all to say about it. That being said, I tried to make at least most of it either helpful or interesting.

Did you find any bugs/negative feedback on it? I'm always looking to improve where possible. I know for a fact it could use a graphics upgrade, but so far, that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No bugs that I've found - nothing crashed the game or got me hopelessly stuck anywhere.

I did end up bumbling around for a while the first time because I couldn't for the life of me find the basement key, but that was just me not connecting, oh, right, I have this item now that I could use on that place.

In my preference, there would have been a clue or a hint somewhere to help get through the maze to the grave site. I found the way through by brute force and marking down which directions worked and I'm not sure if that was the way it was supposed to be done or if I completely missed a hint somewhere.

Overall I liked it. I like that the mementos don't have to be found in a specific order and I like how that changes the order the story is revealed in. And the magic reset cheese got a laugh out of me.

EKyonKun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No bugs that I've found - nothing crashed the game or got me hopelessly stuck anywhere.

I did end up bumbling around for a while the first time because I couldn't for the life of me find the basement key, but that was just me not connecting, oh, right, I have this item now that I could use on that place.

In my preference, there would have been a clue or a hint somewhere to help get through the maze to the grave site. I found the way through by brute force and marking down which directions worked and I'm not sure if that was the way it was supposed to be done or if I completely missed a hint somewhere.

Overall I liked it. I like that the mementos don't have to be found in a specific order and I like how that changes the order the story is revealed in. And the magic reset cheese got a laugh out of me.
I'm glad you liked it so much.

But I should urge you to examine something you probably picked up in the kitchen. I think you'll find you missed a pretty good clue if you examine carefully enough , hint hint.

Edit: I also hinted toward knowing this in something you found in the Attic

Last edited:

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad you liked it so much.

But I should urge you to examine something you probably picked up in the kitchen. I think you'll find you missed a pretty good clue if you examine carefully enough , hint hint.

Edit: I also hinted toward knowing this in something you found in the Attic
Oop, yep - I realised that I'd overlooked the maze clue when I went back hunting for the last two endings ( and found them! :D )

Found one minor bug - in the basement, you can walk on the walls.

EKyonKun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oop, yep - I realised that I'd overlooked the maze clue when I went back hunting for the last two endings ( and found them! :D )

Found one minor bug - in the basement, you can walk on the walls.
Oh my God I swear I got rid of that. Thanks I'll fix that ASAP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

a_a
As if my week could not be more shitty, my Iphone is currently stuck on the apple screen. I'm decently tech savvy so I'm going through all the options b4 I have to go to apple, but from the signs I'm pretty hosed.
Rip a buncha music I had on there, photos from trips, and every message. I shoulda backed it up :(

R.I.P Fbi Surveillance Van #5296 (6s)
Its Chinese new year today! Happy year of the rat~
just got back from the doctor about my back - 3 -)~ will know in a week or so's time how bad the problem is. Overall doing better though! not hurting so badly.
Oh God.. I'm so in love using "this" keyword in my codes. It is so more readable than my previous global objects xD
How is it possible that Paper Mario 2 is both longer than I thought but shorter than I remember?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
younes