About 1.01 patch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by RMZenith, Oct 28, 2015.

1. RMZenith

RMZenith Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
     It seems steam version has it's 1.01 update, but I can't find it for non-steam version!

Where can I find it? or Can I just use that steam version patch?

Thanks for reading!

2. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
  3. wizaerd

wizaerd Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been considering activating and using my Steam version, if for no other reason, than the automatic updates.  The non-Steam version doesn;t get any notifications, and is such a manual copy & paste fest, it's tedious...

4. Felix Trapper

Felix Trapper old fogey Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, I just had to resort to this. It's a nightmare to have to come here and wade through topics to try and determine if there's been updates, and then go fish for all the downloads and put them in manually. I thought most programs nowadays just checked for updates at launch.

5. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

Uh, these images don't exist?

6. R_P_G

R_P_G Warper Member

First Language:
    Silence
  7. wizaerd

First Language:
    English
    To me, in my opinion, this is just totally unacceptable...  Missing files from an update, so dig through the forum in an attempt to find them.  Updated scripts that came with the product, dig through forums in an attempt to find them.  Find multiple versions?  Figure out for yourself which one to download.  It's just sloppy.

I get it for scripts we choose to download and use, but ones that came with the product, whether pre-order or not, should be all self contained, and not require the user to even come here to search out what an update may or may not have had in it. Or to even find out if there's even an update in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  8. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are going to be a number of incremental updates early on, as soon as we have a single update that isn't likely to be replaced in only a few days, we will get it out more public. I realize its inconvenient but we are working at super speed right just responding, cataloging, testing, etc.

Please have a bit more patience, we are doing what we can right now.

I would suggest if you want to keep up with the latest incremental updates to use the Steam version for right now, as it has a very convenient way for us to push the latest updates.

9. KisaiTenshi

KisaiTenshi Veteran Veteran

They're not missing "missing", just the update seems to have been made to the base system, but not the DLC. So the changes to those files were not pushed through steam. So when I searched for "SF_Goth" nothing showed up.

When I manually compared the files to what was posted on the forum, the SF_GothicLoli in the enemies folder was facing the wrong way, so I know they were not updated by steam.

10. wizaerd

First Language:
    English
    This is not the first time this has happened, nor are these the first "missing" files. Either way, it's a huge PITA.

11. LinBE

LinBE Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    For the standalone version, I think all the update info should be announced on the official website itself. Instead of placed inside the forum.  Probably, they don't want to scare people away....

12. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I said upthread. For the first couple of weeks we are expecting several small updates as we fix individual problems. We will have it on the main page when we hit an update where we feel it won't be updated again within the week.

13. pincaviglia86

pincaviglia86 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    this is November 19 and I have seen only one update 1.01

14. Tommy Gun

Tommy Gun ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    They also released a plug-in to fix the parallaxing bug, but that's separate. See the FAQ if you need it.