Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I want hoping to post a paid post in Project Recruitment, but I saw in the rules that paid arrangements are forbidden.

However, the Classifieds link leads to nowhere.

Is there no place to post paid jobs or for people to seek commissions on this forum??

hayahay

The Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want hoping to post a paid post in Project Recruitment, but I saw in the rules that paid arrangements are forbidden.

However, the Classifieds link leads to nowhere.

Is there no place to post paid jobs or for people to seek commissions on this forum??

You need to have 10 meaningful post? in order to view the classifieds.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Afaik (and as long as the rules haven't changed) you need to have 30 meaningful posts to have access to classifieds.
Browse the forums for threads that interest you and try to join the discussions happening. As long as you don't spam and each post is meaningful, you're good.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I see, I'll contribute around until I'm able to post.

Thanks!

Edit: man, I wish it was 10 posts... I really don't want to ****post just to post a classified

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
30 posts come naturally when you just want to participate in the forum. Either being helpful, join the discussion, or simply asking stuff. No need to sh**post.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Good point. I wonder if my classified even will be allowed...

It is an RPG, but not made in RM... But I figure pixel artists who are good with RM would be a big help.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but not made in RM...
Now I wonder what is your intention.
Any engine that is distributed by Degica would be alright (we have Visual Novel Maker for example).

But outside of it, let the staff/mods answer.
So, what exactly is your intention and what engine are you using?

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, I'm looking to maybe hire a good pixel artist for some 48x32 sprites in the style of XP tall sprites. Maybe some larger animated battler sprites.

But it is made in Unity. I'm using RMVX sized characters, though.

Super early stage, I need some sprites done to get a solid prototype done.

As you can see, I'm using XP to VX characters and one of Holder's old battles.

Plus some work from sanctumpixel on itch.io. I wanted to have overworld sprites done of sanctumpixel's battlers

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really don't want to ****post just to post a classified

Don't - your 30 posts have to be meaningful ones, and if you spam you'll have to wait longer.

I wonder if my classified even will be allowed...

It is an RPG, but not made in RM...

And no, you won't be allowed to post. This is an RPG Maker forum, and the Classifieds is specifically for resources for RPG Maker games. Sorry.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Really? That's unfortunate.

What if I had them made in RM format and shared the results with the community?

And, I've been meaning to only post relevant replies and I think I have been.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly (I can check, if you confirm that you want to do that). However, because YOU are making YOUR game in Unity, any artist you hired would not be able to use the character generator or any existing sprites from any RPG Maker versions as a base - they would have to create the entire thing from scratch, which might cost a bit more.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That's cool with me, hopefully there are skilled pixel artists around who can pull it off.

I suppose I'll have to redo that soldier sprite I'm using for now, as well...

I can confirm that I only need these done for prototyping, so I'd definitely share it here.

Though, I've posted on reddit and pixeljoint as well. I figured this would be a good place too.

Though personally, the ultimate goal for artists should be the ability to create for any engine.

RM is only a gateway into game development, I believe it should be allowed for classifieds only to take on 2D work from outside engines.

But that's just my 2 cents. The stuff in that video is an RM spritesheet sliced in Unity, so I don't mind releasing anything I hire for here in the same format.

RM is how I got started years ago, so I don't mind passing it on.

Anyway, I'll wait for a verdict here before posting in classifieds.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Copywright, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged your posts together.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe it should be allowed for classifieds only to take on 2D work from outside engines.
There are two reasons why this is not possible.

First, this is not a fanforum but the official forum from the distributor and developer of the RM-programs.
As such it is subject to corporate law, not civil law - and that has consequences.

Any mentioning of a competing engine can result in a lawsuit where Degica is sued for either hidden advertisements or libel against other competitors or similar interpretations. That is the reason why the rules of this forum forbid discussions about other engines, and that includes paid work for them.

Second, Degica pays for the forum servers (even if all mods are unpaid volunteers), and they don't want to provide that for people who never handle their products. Especially since they don't take fees for any of the commissions done here - the classifieds are free of any charge from Degica, but only if the games for which they are done are made with a Degica Engine.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, fair enough.

A user on a forums mentioning another game engine is a bit of a stretch for hidden adverts. That's like Slack suing Discord because a user mentioned their chat app in their room. Plus, Unity is a publicly traded company... I really doubt they'd have it out for Degica.

But, I do concede that this all belongs to Degica. They already have these outrageous rights to their RTP, I don't see any reason for constraining talented users career growth to stifle competition. Just work without RTP edits and deliver custom work, especially if your client is working on an RPG.

Taking fees would be outrageous when many similar forums (reddit, pixeljoint, pixelmation, tigsource) do the same function for free.

But, que sera, sera. I probably won't be allowed to post an offer, but I'll stick around.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Taking fees would be outrageous when many similar forums (reddit, pixeljoint, pixelmation, tigsource) do the same function for free.
EVERY forum is somehow paid for, because the servers are never free. And all those forums have rules when approaching the way they are paid for, like forbidding ad-blockers if they are paid by advertisement only.

This forum is basically paid for by purchases made from Degica, nothing else - so of course they have forum use restrictions around their products.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Degica's main business is not RM...

They are mainly a payment gateway in Japan, their game team is way smaller by comparison.

Trust me, I really doubt they're strapped for cash or that this site is mainly running on RM related profits.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Artists are by all means allowed to take on work for other game engines. Just not here.

You make it sound as if we're limiting people or restricting them. We're not. They can do whatever they want anywhere else. THIS is an RPG Maker forum. Why would we ever want it to become a free-for-all where anyone can advertise anything they want? That may be inconvenient to you, but there are plenty of other places you can go to find artists who do stuff for any engine.

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
That's fine. I took a peek in the Classifieds section, and didn't find many pixel shops that worked without RTP edits.

This was worth it though, to be warned about using RM RTP in other engines.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DeviantArt might have some artists who can do what you're after.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flopinou74