Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval I want something cheaper because I don't know what will I do in future (Graphics or programming) I just want to try something new and second thing, why photoshop instead illustrator. I never used Illustrator and I'm used to PS UI, besides... I'm aiming to achieve this skill level in order to create character busts for my RMMV game. I'm not sure I'll be able to make this in Illustrator :p To be honest, I know here on this forum and community is very skilled artists. I even talked with few of them, but they're expensive. I've realized it better be I'll build my art skills since I have a hand to do it (example from 2007)

@l8rose, thank you recommendation. I'll contact tommorow my friend at wholesaler does he have it on stack. :) And when I go to vacations (27 July) I'll give a try those programs you mentioned :)
If your goal is to do anime style characters, Photoshop may not be the best choice. Instead use something like Clip Studio Paint.

Photoshop is great for AAA game concept art/photobash style, as well as western painterly style. But it's pretty bad at handling line drawings because it's not vector. Lines in Photoshop tend to look unstable and adjusting line weight is near impossible in Photoshop.

Since most of the anime style illustration has line drawings, the line quality is often the difference between a good anime illustration and bad ones. Using Photoshop for line drawings can be pretty time consuming for good results because the user need to erase and redraw lines more often.

There are add ons like lazy nezumi for Photoshop that can fix line quality, but it doesn't let the user adjust line weight nor do small tweaks.

Although the newer version of Photoshop supports pen drawing which is vector, it's still very akward to use.

Clip Studio Paint has vector tool for lines so the user can adjust the curve and line weight without needing to erase and redraw the whole thing. Clip Studio Paint may not have the best vector drawing tool on the market and it's UI isn't as good as Photoshop, IMO it's still a better software than Photoshop for anime style.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question of graphic tablet with pen displays. I see some bargains right now and need help those who may have used these tablets.

GAOMON PD1161 11.6

XP Pen Artist Display Pro 12

Is anyone familiar with the above tablets?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question of graphic tablet with pen displays. I see some bargains right now and need help those who may have used these tablets.

GAOMON PD1161 11.6

XP Pen Art Display 12

Is anyone familiar with the above tablets?
Xp pen for sure

Copywright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Frenden does awesome graphics tablet reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzzion