Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I noticed that the MZ RTP is pretty much all using indexed colors.

So my question is, if I create an image, for example, a sprite or an overlay, do I also need to convert these images and leave them indexed (256 colors), to match the RTP?

The doubt arose because when converting some of these images, they lose a lot of details, transparency effects are like blocks and are not exactly like those already included in RTP, which even indexed manage to maintain a good quality.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, because the color number of the engine has nothing to do with a color index directly.

if you look at the windows picture in the system tab, you'll see a sequence of color sqares. THAT is where the numbers go, those twenty or so squares are linked to the numbers used by the color textcodes.

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
no, because the color number of the engine has nothing to do with a color index directly.

if you look at the windows picture in the system tab, you'll see a sequence of color sqares. THAT is where the numbers go, those twenty or so squares are linked to the numbers used by the color textcodes.
Oh I understood. I had this doubt because I want to maintain style consistency with RTP.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!
ok by this weekend I WILL finally need alpha testers for Backstage: murdered sleep because it's got enough content at this point I want to get it on Steam Early Access ASAP (2/22/2022 would be a cool release date if I can make it).

By all means volunteer here, sure, but where else should I be looking?
1643337839651.png
Randomly trying to make some butcher shop tiles for MZ :3
Current menu of Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Currently taking a break from combat related mechanics. Hope i get the actor busts done before the day ends :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richie2195