Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I noticed that the MZ RTP is pretty much all using indexed colors.

So my question is, if I create an image, for example, a sprite or an overlay, do I also need to convert these images and leave them indexed (256 colors), to match the RTP?

The doubt arose because when converting some of these images, they lose a lot of details, transparency effects are like blocks and are not exactly like those already included in RTP, which even indexed manage to maintain a good quality.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, because the color number of the engine has nothing to do with a color index directly.

if you look at the windows picture in the system tab, you'll see a sequence of color sqares. THAT is where the numbers go, those twenty or so squares are linked to the numbers used by the color textcodes.

Gabezin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
no, because the color number of the engine has nothing to do with a color index directly.

if you look at the windows picture in the system tab, you'll see a sequence of color sqares. THAT is where the numbers go, those twenty or so squares are linked to the numbers used by the color textcodes.
Oh I understood. I had this doubt because I want to maintain style consistency with RTP.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlauza