About paralaxing map which .js should i use

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Hagiri, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hagiri

Hagiri Warper Member

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm just getting start .Which plugin should i use, i am pretty sure need the YEP_RegionRestrictions.js(that the best one) but still wonder between Foreground and TDDP_BindPicturesToMap or are there any plugin out there idk about it!

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Hagiri likes this.
  3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You dont need any plugins to implement a parallaxed map... But they can help a lot especially Region restrictions (for easier pathing setup, though its still better if you know how to use the normal pathing setup together with parallaxed maps because it allows you to use the special passabilities like the directional ones), and Bind Pictures to map to lock your upper layers in case your maps are bigger than default.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Hagiri likes this.
  4. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    some prefer galv overlay plugin than TDDP bind pictures to map.
    But its hard to use, but easy to when you understand it. I rather keep it on nomal tile based for now :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wouldn't call it the best one - because using regions for passability disables 90% of the special features available to tilesets.
    It is commonly used because it is the quickest and easiest way to get the simplest passability into a map, but for the best passability options you don't use a plugin at all, but an invisible tileset.

Basically you need to create two B-tilesheets for that. One tilesheet is 768x768 pixel completely transparent, the other has symbols detailing passability on it - regular passability, directional passaility, ladder-passability and so on.
    During development you use the symbol sheet and set its options in database-tilesets to be exactly what you made the symbols out to be.
    With this you can place any form of passability option on any tile on your parallax map, and see that passability during playtest.

After the game is complete, you just change the picture in the project for the transparent one (they need to have the same name to keep the database settings). That makes all the passability symbols invisible but keeps the tile settings for the player.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.