RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and noob in RM. I have a question regarding the POP! Horror DLC from VexedEnigma @Vexed. Btw, I love the DLC so much! I bought all of them already before I even think about what to do with them, lol. So, here are some of my questions.

1. Tileset collision: Do we have to edit the collisions (passage/nonpassage) manually each time, or there is a practical way? Because when I insert the tileset in the database, and followed the A1 B etc, there are some tiles that got the collision wrong. (I replaced the default tileset)
  2. Copy pasting DLC files: I wanna know, when you guys copy and paste the DLC materials into your project folder, do you delete the default ones, or just leave them there? And why?
  3. Gameplay: IMO, this DLC is meant to be used for a more of a storytelling and puzzle game, because there are no weapons, skills, armors. The best I can think of is pushing away zombies (without an animation). I want to know your opinion on this.
  4. Getting quest & puzzle ideas: Where do you guys go to get these?
  5. Recommendations: I just bought an early access game called Pembrey on Steam. The game uses the POP! Horror DLC, and also there is one called The Ledge. Can you guys recommend any other good games that use this DLC?
That is all my noob questions for now! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) I don't believe it comes with the collision settings, so yes, you will need to do it yourself.

2) I delete them, because the unused RTP resources will bloat the file size of your game.

3) I'm not sure what opinion you are wanting - if you are right in your assessment? Those things are up to you to design in the database. The included icons do include some weapons and armor, so I'm not sure what else you are meaning.

4) There are plenty of threads here on the forums covering puzzle ideas, tutorials, etc.

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Indra

RM Student
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @mlogan

Thank you for your reply and moving the thread to the correct forum!

For question #3, I asked about this because also there is no SV and enemy battlers. I'm just curious of how other people use this DLC set.

Prez

Blarp-a-barp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally am using it for an adventure game, though the screenshots that advertise it seem to depict a game that uses real-time combat, since the icons resemble the sort of power-ups you'd see lying on the ground in a shooter. I'm assuming you could use the raw character sprites as SV sprites as well (which would also cover Battlers if you Yanfly's plugin that lets you use SV sprites for that purpose), possibly with some custom animations.

In my opinion, I find the retro art style - besides looking cool - to be quite helpful for making custom resources to add onto it that are consistent with the overall style, especially since I'm a newbie; I want to say it was expected that game-makers would add onto it this way but I can't speak for VexedEnigma.

Also, this thread reminds me, I should probably get rid of the default RTP for this game...

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1. Shaz has a plugin or script to make importing collision information a lot easier. Not a lot of the DLC has taken advantage of that but I think Vexed is one of the few who has included the necessary files for it to work. If not you can ask the rest of the forum to see if someone else has the tiles already set up and is willing to set thing up for the plugin/script, It may have been just for Ace, I honestly do not remember. If you're going to be using the same tileset a lot you could always set it up and save it separately to use as a template.

2. Unless I have a use for them I delete them. No point to keeping them otherwise.

3. There are other pixel based things out there that will work with POP. Some take a little editing but it's mostly just color tweaks. You're not going to get SV battlers, at least not often, since those are a lot of work to make. Gaps can also be filled with edits, requests, and commissions.

4. I watch analytical YouTube videos about games. Breaking down a successful puzzle into a structured format helps me see how to use that structure on my original things. Just mess around with it and try it out. Failure is where you learn the fastest, and creativity breeds creativity.

5. Nope, I can't.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello. I will answer number 3.
Gameplay: IMO, this DLC is meant to be used for a more of a storytelling and puzzle game, because there are no weapons, skills, armors. The best I can think of is pushing away zombies (without an animation). I want to know your opinion on this.
I use an ABS (Active Battle System) to fight on the map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another amazing looking game!
--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh