About reinstalling RPG Maker VX Ace

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Tokumei No, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Tokumei No

Tokumei No Kojima Fan Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Hello to everyone.

So, I am actually using the Lite version of RPG Maker VX Ace, but I am also seriously thinking about purchasing the complete version, because I love this engine  :guffaw:  .

I just have a doubt: let's say that I buy a Steam key for VX Ace and install it on my actual computer.

I am pretty sure that in a not so much distant future I'll have to change computer, so: at that moment, will I be able to access, from the new computer, to my Steam account and reinstall on the new computer VX Ace with the already purchased key, or will I have to buy a new one?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my enormous ignorance about Steam purchases.

2. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    As a general rule, there's no problem with switching computers in regards to your Steam account - I'm not aware of ANY games on Steam which lock the user to one single computer for the duration of Humanity's existence, HOWEVER! no running stuff on two different machines, with the same account, at the same time. :)

Tokumei No likes this.
  3. Tokumei No

Tokumei No Kojima Fan Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Well, of course: that would mean stealing a copy of the software. Thank you for your answer :D

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, Steam should allow you to re-install the engine on your new machine as long as you have it registered within your game/software Library of your Steam account. What you can also do is use Steam Cloud to save your project over the net, and then have access to it on your new machine at all times. When you have your project stored on cloud and save it, it saves both the hard-drive files and the cloud files at the same time, though it takes like 10 whole seconds which may get annoying. You can always delete it off of cloud after you switch machines. Otherwise you can always just use a USB, a portable hard-drive or another cloud service to backup your project on when switching.

UltimateFanBoy and Tokumei No like this.