Status
Not open for further replies.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hi. I don't know if this is the right place where to post this. It's a question.
I know that RMMV will came out for Switch (and PS4 I think...) and I have the license of RMMV for PC/MAC.
If I want to use it into my switch I have to buy it again? I hope not.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The console versions are not the same as the PC version, so yes they will need to be purchased.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not only will you have to buy it again, it probably won't be cross-compatible (a project made on PC won't be able to run on switch). Because of that, the PC version is vastly superior because of the ability to have third-party assets and plugins.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wouldn't even bother with it. No plugin support and limited resources? No thanks.

Plus, you'll have to listen to this godawful music every time you load up the editor. Who wants that?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the license of RMMV for PC/MAC.
If I want to use it into my switch I have to buy it again? I hope not.

You have a license for PC and Mac.
Is Switch a PC? No.
Is it a Mac? No.
Do you got a Switch license? No.
No false hopes are given here.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its also not published by the same company, so there's no way keys would be given to MV owners. Why would they? They didn't sell the original engine.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you do buy it and run into troubles, you also won't be able to get support here, because it's not part of the Degica product lineup. You'll have to see who the distributor is and what kind of support community they've got running.

KrimsonKatt

The Endless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, but like @bgillisp and @Shaz said, you will not be able to get the game for free if you have the PC/Mac version, and you will also not be able to get support here, as Degica doesn't have rights to the console ports. Also, I highly recommend against getting this version as there is no custom assets, cross-support, or any way to transfer your PC projects or vise versa.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dreadshadow

We do not discuss engines not made by Degica on this forum. I should know better. Closing and cleaning this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Profile Posts

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lykaner05