About TP regen in Yanfly's Enhanced TP plugin...

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by hsumi, Mar 28, 2017.

1. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm loving this plugin--it allows TP to carry over between battles, and I can even adjust how much TP is gained from HP damage. I only have one problem.

I have created a state that goes into effect after using a big move that drains all TP and prevents the one inflicted from gaining any more TP for the rest of battle (TP regeneration + 0%). This state worked exactly as intended before installing the plugin. Now, it still works as intended with the exception that the character still gains TP when taking damage, where it accrues normally, as if the state weren't there at all. I tried making the TP regeneration a negative value, but that didn't work either.

Any way to completely disable TP gain with a state while using this plugin? I still want TP to regen as normal when the state is not in effect, of course.

The version I have is 1.06, by the way.

2. lolshtar

lolshtar Master of Magic thatknow nospell Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    so your tp damage formula is a static nujmber right?

use a s-param like tcr, do * user.tcr ontop of the number in your formula and put 0% tcr on the state

3. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    +0% TP Regen just means your current regen rate is going to be increased by 0%, or, no effect. Try TP Charge Rate * 0%. That should stop all gaining of TP.

Also note that unless you changed it, by default when you are KO'd all states are removed! So anyone who uses this skill then gets KO'd will gain TP again, unless you add a plug-in to prevent that behavior.

4. hsumi

hsumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not entirely sure what that means. My last experience with RPG Maker was XP, so this is my first foray into many of the new mechanics.

I'll give that a try! And the knockout thing isn't an issue since due to my project having no in-battle revival method thanks to an automatic game-over when the MC is incapacitated.