Ryuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello guys, i want to put some weapons in my game with different dmg. But i cant change the dmg of the weapon only the attack speed. I was searching on the internet all night i didnt found anything.weapon.png
skill.png
So i can change my auto attack dmg with the first skill thats okay. But how can i add different damage to the wrapons?(First picture) I changed the Attack number,but nothing happened. Any ideas? Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
by referencing the actor attack value in the damage formula.

I strongly suggest you make a new project to check what the different entries were before you deleted them, because by default that attack skill scales with the actor attack value.

And please keep in mind that unless your plugins really mess up the engine, all equipment only adds to the values of the actor and is NOT checked individually. So your sword does +100 to actor attack value, it is NOT 100 by itself.

Ryuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
by referencing the actor attack value in the damage formula.

I strongly suggest you make a new project to check what the different entries were before you deleted them, because by default that attack skill scales with the actor attack value.

And please keep in mind that unless your plugins really mess up the engine, all equipment only adds to the values of the actor and is NOT checked individually. So your sword does +100 to actor attack value, it is NOT 100 by itself.
Andar! Thank you for your answer!

I downloaded the Demo project file of the plugin. Changed the Attack dmg of the weapon but no difference either. My actor is lvl 1 so its Attack dmg is 11. And the weapon dmg should be added to this if i am right. Actor.png

Ryuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Andar! Thank you for your answer!

I downloaded the Demo project file of the plugin. Changed the Attack dmg of the weapon but no difference either. My actor is lvl 1 so its Attack dmg is 11. And the weapon dmg should be added to this if i am right. View attachment 192238

But I've just changed the Actor's attack damage from 11 to 400 on lvl 1. And no difference either. Seems to me the only thing that matters in ABS Alpha (Actor's auto attack), is the 1. Skill's attack value.

RyanYe

RPG Game Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can join AABS discord server
your any question will be answered there, and fast.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded the Demo project file of the plugin. Changed the Attack dmg of the weapon but no difference either.
I didn't ask you to download the demo.
I asked you to make a new project in the editor and compare that with what is in the demo.
That is because I was pretty sure that the demo already removed the attack value from the damage, and you need to see how that is done correctly.

But I've just changed the Actor's attack damage from 11 to 400 on lvl 1. And no difference either. Seems to me the only thing that matters in ABS Alpha (Actor's auto attack), is the 1. Skill's attack value.
Wrong on two accounts.

What matters to all projects (not only ABS) is not the first skill's damage value, but it's damage FORMULA.
Your skill will never include any attack value, because the attack value has been removed from the skill damage formula. So changing the attack value both on actor and on weapon is useless UNTIL you correct the attack skill damage formula.
And to do that you need to understand how the formula works, the formula that was replaced with a single fixed value that will never change exactly because it is no longer a formula but a single value.

Please make a new project and learn how the engine itself works, before you throw away everything in an attempt to get an ABS plugin to work. You'll never be able to get plugins to work if you don't know how the engine workes without plugins.

Ryuka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't ask you to download the demo.
I asked you to make a new project in the editor and compare that with what is in the demo.
That is because I was pretty sure that the demo already removed the attack value from the damage, and you need to see how that is done correctly.

Wrong on two accounts.

What matters to all projects (not only ABS) is not the first skill's damage value, but it's damage FORMULA.
Your skill will never include any attack value, because the attack value has been removed from the skill damage formula. So changing the attack value both on actor and on weapon is useless UNTIL you correct the attack skill damage formula.
And to do that you need to understand how the formula works, the formula that was replaced with a single fixed value that will never change exactly because it is no longer a formula but a single value.

Please make a new project and learn how the engine itself works, before you throw away everything in an attempt to get an ABS plugin to work. You'll never be able to get plugins to work if you don't know how the engine workes without plugins.
Aha i see now, getting clear. Thanks for the answer :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jqcyclops