link12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to create this because ABS plugins aren't compatible with AltimitMovement also Chrono Engine isn't compatible with YEP_ItemCore.

Here are the things that I currently want:

- Melee and Ranged combat for the player, follower and enemy
- The ability to block attacks for the player, follower and enemy
- Dodge left/right and backwards whilst locked in a certain direction
- I want these actions to cost stamina for the player

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no

you can do an ABS without plugins, but that will require downscaling to options that can be handled by common event.
your list is too much for an evented ABS - about 5000% too much because events have no control on followers at all, ranged combat is rather difficult to event unless you limit it to the player and very few shots and other problems.

link12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But there's an RPG Maker MV game called Naima's Melody that was able to do it and I believe Odyssey too.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you didn't ask if those things can be done at all - you asked if they can be done with common events.

no, they can't be done with common events
they can be done with plugins, especially custom plugins for exactly that.

ImaginaryVillain

Resident of Silent Hill... Apparently
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is what you want possible? Sure... You have script commands, technically you could shovel whatever JS you want into it. MV's built on PIXI, which supports stuff like hit detection, pixel movement, etc. Of course anybody with that kind of knowledge would just build a plugin.

Best advice? Look into QMovement and QABS, that's got to be the best Pixel movement ABS combo for MV. Though if you are dead set on Altimit Movement, look into the Cross Engine which is essentially the Chrono Engine with Altimit added onto it.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
evented ABS require some plugins and modications,
Baima's Melody ABS is dont by Galv_MapProjectiles with modifications to the plugin
itself, also to play nice with altimit.

other ABS require some functions that are made in order to work property.
fully evented ABS by events is no possible. this require variables, switches and javascripts
in scripts in events in order to work.

if you dont know javascript or very little, this isn't do-able for you.

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But there's an RPG Maker MV game called Naima's Melody that was able to do it and I believe Odyssey too.
Hey there, just dropping by to help set the record straight. While my ABS in Odyssey does primarily make use of a Common Event state machine, I also heavily rely on js script calls within my events.

To give credit to our amazing community of talented plugin developers, I'm currently using around 80 plugins for things like Galv's Projectiles, Altimit Pixelmovement, Galv's CharacterFrames, SRD HUD maker, Ocram's lighting and time system, Mog's Treasure Popup... the list goes on-and-on. Making sure all these plugins play nicely with one another has been a complete nightmare as well.

With that being said, it is possible to fully event an ABS using default variables/switches, but you aren't going to get very good results without implementing js into the mix. I've been making action battle systems in RPG Maker since RM2k and RM2k3 (before script commands were even possible), so I have a couple decades of experience with event commands, but I know very little js. If you're really interested in learning, I'm sure there's some good tutorials out there that can get you started.

But personally, I wouldn't try making one from scratch unless you're really experienced. I'd follow @ImaginaryVillain's suggestion:
Best advice? Look into QMovement and QABS, that's got to be the best Pixel movement ABS combo for MV. Though if you are dead set on Altimit Movement, look into the Cross Engine which is essentially the Chrono Engine with Altimit added onto it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThighBaby34