ABS with no HUD

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by corruptedninja, Nov 3, 2013.

1. corruptedninja

corruptedninja Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This might sound weird But i am looking for a ABS without a HUD (cause I already have one and i am comfortable using the one i already have).Can anyone show me an Event Based ABS or script ABS without me using any HUD,and also i would like to know how to allow game overs on the map while i am walking around, cause when my health hits 1 ,its like my character is immune to any kind of damage it takes. so can anyone please help me on that too?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You must have some sort of script disabling death, or maybe a state that resists death or makes the player immortal.

How do they take damage on the map? If you're using evented battles and a Call Battle Processing, you may have Continue Even When Loser checked.

3. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the no-HUD thing, just check through the script of whatever ABS you use and comment out all of the HUD-related portions. Might take some trial-and-error but that's how you'd do it.

4. corruptedninja

First Language:
    English
    I've tried that but when ever his health hits one he is indestructible, Is there like an event that can cause him to die on the map?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  5. corruptedninja

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the advice but i might need help with this cause when it comes to scripts i have no idea what i am doing, so you might have to run me through changing out the script to display no HUD.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Check your database, there is an option to prevent K.O. by Floor/slip damage while on the map (in the system tab).

If you checked these, then your character can only die by combat screen damage - which wouldn't exist in case of ABS...

corruptedninja, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to quote several people, use the multiquote button to select all of them.

7. corruptedninja

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the advice and i will try to avoid double posting in the future ,but i still need an abs without a HUD.

8. kerbonklin

kerbonklin Hiatus King Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As I said before, trial-and-error for the no-HUD thing. Look at all the class Window names for anything that sounds like it involves the HUD, and comment them out. If you can link us to the script, I can maybe help you identify the possible HUD entities.