Absolute complete removal of anything party command related

Luntz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm aware that getting rid of the party command menu has been a thing lots of people asked for and that there is a script someone posted that does get rid of it but it's inadequate.

I'm using the following script that I found from here and while the party command menu is gone, the input to call it is still there. Basically, pressing X will still play the deconfirm noise and skips one frame. I want to stop the input from working at all, so there is no noise and frame skip.

class Scene_Battle def start_party_command_selection unless scene_changing? refresh_status @status_window.unselect @status_window.open if BattleManager.input_start next_command else @party_command_window.deactivate turn_start end end end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # alias method: start_party_command_selection #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias start_party_command_selection_abe start_party_command_selection def start_party_command_selection unless scene_changing? @status_window.refresh @status_window.unselect @status_window.open command_fight end endendThanks in advance.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Luntz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well I solved it myself after deciding to go back to it after nobody answered for so long. All I had to do was comment this line in Scene_Battle.

@actor_command_window.set_handler:)cancel, method:)prior_command))Posting just to let people know about it, might be useful to another person like me that doesn't really know a lick of scripting.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think that is not a good idea.

Why?

Add 4 party members, for example Eric, Rick, Ralph and Isabelle, RESPECTIVELLY.

Now make a Battle Processing vs. any enemy.

Enter that processing.

Select 'Attack' for Eric.

Select 'Attack' for Rick.

Select 'Attack' for Ralph.

Ooops, maybe 'Attack' isn't good for Rick? Maybe he should 'Guard' himself? Now go back to Rick and select 'Guard'.

If you do all those things right, then I suppose your solution is good.

But I think it'll not work.

Luntz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good thing I only have one controllable party member in my game then.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Then it's OK.

But there is always a more proper way to do it.

Try this :

Code:
#==============================================================================# ** Scene_Battle#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  This class performs battle screen processing.#============================================================================== class Scene_Battle  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * To Previous Command Input  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def prior_command    if @status_window.index == 0 then @actor_command_window.activate    else      BattleManager.prior_command      start_actor_command_selection    end  end  end

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to ask what may be a dumb question, but...

I'm the player, and we hit a battle.  I have no command menu.  This presumably means that I can only spam attack, nothing else, because I cannot choose a skill or an item or to guard.

What am I missing here?  Is it that you intend attack only?

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
That is ACTOR command window. ( Attack / Skill / Item / Guard )

And he is talking about PARTY command window. ( Fight / Escape )

At least I think so.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, I was misled by your post #4 which seemed to be talking about the actor commands and the reply in post #5, which didn't contradict that.

KockaAdmiralac

Cube-shaped garbage can
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Serbian
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's because what he did is he stopped the 'going back' with his code, that means if you select something with one actor, and change your mind later while still selecting with other actor, pressing X will do nothing.

And that's why I talked about actor commands.

When trying to fix one thing, the second thing may occur.

Like if you are trying to fix a script call, and you comment out the line 1411 in Game_Interpreter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo