Access Key

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by Faherya, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Faherya

Faherya The Knight of the Sad Figure Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Access Key 1.0.0.1
    by Faherya

Introduction

This code allows you to distribute access keys manually. It is recommended only for demo distribution, trial versions and other situations in which the number of copies distributed will be controlled. All usage instructions are in the script. Although I have explained how to add keys in the code, I recommend that the user have a little knowledge in Ruby to facilitate the process.

Features
    - Full control over each key's access to the game.
    - Individual distribution of keys.
    - It provides a bit more security for your data.

Script
    Code

Terms of Use
    Free for non-commercial projects. Except for the people listed below. I do not think they need it, but they're free to use it any way they want. For commercial use the user agrees with the following term: to the persons listed in the credits of this code - except the author - reserve the right to claim a free copy of the project in which it is used, as well as of its future updates and DLCs.

Credit and Thanks
    - Alisson
    - Kyo Panda
    - MayLeone
    - starlight dream
    - TheoAllen

FAQ
    Q: I use a code that adds something before the title screen. Is there incompatibility?
    A: Possibly, but easy to solve. Just swap the "Scene_Key" at line 95 of this code with the name of the Scene that the other script creates.

Q: What kind of key do you recommend?
    A: rvdata2 only by warranty.

Q: My game does not ask for a key when started. What happened?
    A: Maybe you have encrypted the game with the key inside. Take a look.

Author's Notes
    The code brings a bit more security to your data, but do not rely solely on it. I recommend you look for other encryption modes since Ace's default mode is no longer safe. There are several useful programs out there. Well, that's it. Thanks for listening. :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Kvothe likes this.
  2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That makes this script much less helpful. Most people would want to use this for a game that costs money.

3. Faherya

Faherya The Knight of the Sad Figure Veteran

First Language:
    Português
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The code is free for non-commercial projects, but it is not forbidden to use it commercially. In these cases there is only one term: all those whose name is in the credits of this code - except me - reserves the right to claim a free copy of the game, as well as its future updates and DLCs. If you do not know them you just need to contact me so I can provide you with some way to get in touch with them. You can use this same topic for this.

I really forgot to include this point.

4. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, thank you. :)

Faherya likes this.