Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
I need a little assistance from someone who is proficient in javascript or just smarter than me.
I have a 4 members party plus some "hidden members" that are summoned in battle trough skills. The hidden members are not showed in menu by this very simple plugin:

Window_MenuStatus.prototype.maxItems = function() {
return $gameParty.maxBattleMembers();
};
Hiwever I would like to show in some way their status windows (even skill windows maybe, but let's make the first step). I was thinking about making a common event that allows the access to their status using script like

SceneManager.push(Scene_Status);
But addressing directly the actor's status page, or allowing to select even the hidden actors. Someone knows how this could be done?
Thanks

wa66rpg

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using common events or plugins to achieve this effect?

It seems that these summoned actors doesn't count as 'actor' so they hide in menu. I don't know these actors just simply hidden in the menu or only exist in the battle.

If they just hidden in the default menu.
Maybe you can try mog's actor HUD to build a added actor HUD.

I think maybe you can just make them disappear after the battle and use yanfly's in-battlestatus to check their status?

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I didn't explain well what I was looking for. I wanted to create a sort of "summon section" in the menu that shows summon's statistics like in FF8 (because the summons have their own levels and skills). I create a plugin with the two lines i wrote in the first post, however I'm thinking about alternative solution.

mattvalentine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I'm in so need of this too; A menu that shows your (actor) summons. I'm using SRD core summon plugin btw. It would be awesome if summons could level up and learn new abilities. Maybe even a "level up" notice in the aftermath victory screen...

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I create a plugin with the two lines i wrote in the first post, however I'm thinking about alternative solution.
So you are looking for a plugin? Or asking some javascript questions? Please tell us what you are looking for exactly, and that would also help me move this thread to the appropriate subforum.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@mattvalentine If you're looking for the exact same solution for the same problem, then it's okay to follow this thread. But if your situation is different and requires a different solution (which I suspect is the case because of your use of the SRD Summon Core), please go and create another thread. Thread hijacking is not allowed. Thank you.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

You should be able to set the actor for the status/equip/skill menu by using
$gameParty.setMenuActor($gameActors.actor( ActorID ));

That actor does not necessarily need to be in the party.

Your plugin should do the trick for the main menu, but don't forget the player can also cycle through the party members later (by using the Page Up/Down bindings in the status/equip/skill menu), which your plugin does not yet account for.

You should be able to avoid that by modifying
Game_Party.prototype.makeMenuActorNext
Game_Party.prototype.makeMenuActorPrevious

the same way.

(These functions are used in
Scene_MenuBase.prototype.nextActor
Scene_MenuBase.prototype.previousActor

for these menus)

Last edited:

mattvalentine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So you are looking for a plugin? Or asking some javascript questions? Please tell us what you are looking for exactly, and that would also help me move this thread to the appropriate subforum.
[MOVE]JS Plugin Requests[/MOVE]
@mattvalentine If you're looking for the exact same solution for the same problem, then it's okay to follow this thread. But if your situation is different and requires a different solution (which I suspect is the case because of your use of the SRD Summon Core), please go and create another thread. Thread hijacking is not allowed. Thank you.
You don't need to be rude about it. I was just providing extra information and the original poster might even be looking at the exact same thing. Thank you.

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there,

You should be able to set the actor for the status/equip/skill menu by using
$gameParty.setMenuActor($gameActors.actor( ActorID ));

That actor does not necessarily need to be in the party.
This was exactly what I was asking. I was looking for script instruction to access status menu without having an actor in the party.

Oh I'm in so need of this too; A menu that shows your (actor) summons. I'm using SRD core summon plugin btw. It would be awesome if summons could level up and learn new abilities. Maybe even a "level up" notice in the aftermath victory screen...
You couldn't with SRD summon plugin because it doesn't allow you to summon real actors, but a sort of "copy". I'm using LadyBaskerville's plugin that allows you to summon directly the actor that can acquire experience and learn new abilities.

mattvalentine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was exactly what I was asking. I was looking for script instruction to access status menu without having an actor in the party.

You couldn't with SRD summon plugin because it doesn't allow you to summon real actors, but a sort of "copy". I'm using LadyBaskerville's plugin that allows you to summon directly the actor that can acquire experience and learn new abilities.
Awesome, thank you! I'll follow this thread 'cuz we seem to be looking the same thing >.<

Serjo_Calibrato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to avoid that by modifying
Game_Party.prototype.makeMenuActorNext
Game_Party.prototype.makeMenuActorPrevious

the same way.

(These functions are used in
Scene_MenuBase.prototype.nextActor
Scene_MenuBase.prototype.previousActor

for these menus)
Sorry, the script call works, but I didn't understand how to modify the cycling system. What I have to write in the plugin to avoid cycling for the hidden members?
Is this the function you refer to

Scene_MenuBase.prototype.nextActor = function() {
$gameParty.makeMenuActorNext();
this.updateActor();
this.onActorChange();
};
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THENZNOZ