Accessory/trait that makes you get extra money/exp at the end of the battle?

Grandy12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I wish to make it so whenever a battle is won with the Thief character in it, the player finds a bonus 10% gold.

I think Yanfly's Victory Aftermath would allow for it with some tweaks, but I can't find any download for that script that still works >_>

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For EXP, all you have to do is give the parameter EXP, where the number is what percent you want the new EXP to be of the old one. So if you want to give double EXP, it is EXP * 200. Just note that ACE will still display your EXP before the modifier (at least it did for me when I had no scripts installed), but you will get the EXP after the modifier in reality.

For gold, the options are to either give double gold or normal gold. There is no default way to do anything else without a script.

PS: If you go to Yanfly's ACE website and use the github link, the downloads still work. Follow the directions and read the front page fully, it will tell you where to find the downloads still.

Grandy12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks! Shame about the money being all or nothing tho :T Guess it's time go learn ruby

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a way of doing it without scripting actually. You should save the player gold at the beginning of every battle and turns on a switch (you can use a troop event for that) then check it when the battle ends. The difference between the amount after the battle ends an the amount at the beginning is the gold earned. Then you can create a common event (Autorun) that starts when the switch you used in the troop event is on.

In the common event you turn off the switch, change the value of one of your variables to be the difference betweencurrent gold and the variable you used to store the amount of gold before the battle, divide that amount by 10 and display a message like "Since you have NAME_OF_YOUR_ITEM you earned \V[N] extra gold!". N must be the id of the variable you divided by 10.

What is left to do is adding that amount (the one stored in V[N]) to player's gold. This way you can have your extra 10% gold without having to use scripts nor having to write your own script.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's a good scriptless method but I can't help but think having that message after every battle would start getting really old after a while.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Trihan Well, the message can be removed, I just put it in the sample event because it is not a real drop from monsters. It reminds the player that the drop he/she got from monsters is not the total amount.

That message can be displayed after the battle ends and a switch can be turned on to prevent it from appearing after other battles. Then a new message can be displayed once the item is removed or whenever the condition to increase the amount of gold obtained changes. All of that, of course, is just meant to give the OP a way to achieve what he needs without having to learn ruby. With ruby knowledge is a whole different story (even though the outcome will be more or less the same so that's why I suggested that method).

In the end it is up to the OP if he wants to achieve it without having any ruby knowledge and being able to do it now using that way or if he wants to take his time learning ruby and achieve it editing the code later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toanbeokame