AshteriskGaming

Failure
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now, I haven't a clue where this kind of subject would go, so I guess I'll just put this in general. I was editing my game and somehow, someway my game started to playtest within the nodekit thing as if it were running in browser view. I could not figure out for the life of me how to fix it because I didn't know what was causing it. I tried to look it up but no one seemed to even have instructions on how to do this on purpose, but it seemed like something someone might want to do in certain situations. Does anyone have any idea how you do this on purpose? I'd prefer not to do it again, as my game is definitely not going to be a browser game. I had to uninstall and reinstall just to fix it.

My ability to break things is remarkable, really. x_x''

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have no idea what you mean. Is the window full screen? You can toggle that by pressing F4, I believe. 

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know about node.js, but there is an index.html in the same folder as the game project file that runs the game with html5 in your default browser. I don't know how to launch it from the playtest menu. If you mean about the F8 console that MV games have; that's like a browser console.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
does it work when your not connected to the internet? If it does, i doubt its testing it in the browser

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another thread lead me to test document.location="http://google.com/"; in event script and it worked. So it turns out the game wrapper is just a light version of Chrome. I beckon you to try this, but I don't recommend it for your games as location switching has been removed from Flash for security, and I kind of hope RPG Maker MV consider the same.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
AFAIK the game.exe of MV is based from Chromium.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another thread lead me to test document.location="http://google.com/"; in event script and it worked. So it turns out the game wrapper is just a light version of Chrome. I beckon you to try this, but I don't recommend it for your games as location switching has been removed from Flash for security, and I kind of hope RPG Maker MV consider the same.

RPG maker essentially just generates some JavaScript files, so it's not something they can remove; would be easy for a developer to change it if they wanted to.

Unless you mean the player changing it, in which case there's no real security issue as the client would have to be willfully doing it, unless you programmed it into your game they can't do it by accident.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Amy Pond

Javascript is implemented by the browser developer and often times in many different ways which is why jQuery is so popular for x-browser compatibility to us web designers.

I don't mean by a user plugin stand point to remove javascript location for security, but as the developer of the little browser game wrapper, they can remove anything from javascript that they need to and even change how it works, why not? Actual browsers like Firefox already have this covered to an extent for instance they require a legit click event for window.open

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.
I blame my lilest bro for the duck suit. Sketched it and realized it had to be added to a mock fashion magazine cover. The titles are actually inside jokes about the place this NPC is from.
EvKECQJVEAw3Qux
Kes
After a few hectic months, my hiatus is over, and I'm now back. Good to see so many familiar names posting. And a forum update while I was away.
V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torcham