Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using CrystalNoel's Extra Stats script to add two new stats to my game, but I have no idea how to get those two stats to show up on the equip menu so that people can see how the equipment will change them. Could anyone help me with this little issue?

I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask this, and I'd be grateful if a mod can move it if need be. Also, would someone need me to post the script in question?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please link to the script you're using, no one can help you unless they have access to the script (link to it, preferably where its descriptions are, do not post it here)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The script says they are viewable on the default status screen. Do you have any other scripts in your game? If you do they would need to be modified to show the new stats.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see them on the status screen with no problem. I need to see them on the equip screen, however. A player will not be able to see the changes to the extra stats when equipping new stuff otherwise.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
KnightDragoon24, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final bump before giving up.

Fynmorph

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
FRENCH
Primarily Uses
It's in Window_EquipStatus (if you still use the default equip window). I think you need to edit those at the very least :

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Refresh #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def refresh contents.clear draw_actor_name(@actor, 4, 0) if @actor 6.times {|i| draw_item(0, line_height * (1 + i), 2 + i) } endwell you need to change the "6.times" to the number of stats you have now. Then dunno how it's handled in your script. You may have to edit draw_param_name, draw_current_param and draw_new_param, add a condition to check if param_id is superior to 5 (and display yourself your stats, also edit the x or y so you actually have the room). But the window size seems too small to add any more parameters anyway? dunno, try.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could try to add this below that "6.times ..." line:

Code:
draw_xstat_parameters(x, y)
Just replace the x and y to a real number. Those will be the X and Y positions of the stats drawn.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I screwed around a bit with these ideas, but couldn't get anything to work. I feel like the answer is staring me in the face, but I'm not a scripter of any sort, so I'm probably not going to get it so quickly. If I had an example to go off of, I think I could do it. Nevertheless, I'm gonna keep trying. Might just learn something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kleik