Schplee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I was wondering if any clever scripters could lend a hand with this problem. I am having trouble getting Todds autosave to work nicely with the Atelier MOG_Scene_File_A savescreen GUI. 

The Atelier script has custom variables for time, location and other data. Todds script just creates a generic save file without these data. So when MOG_Scene_File_A tries to display the null data, it runs an error message. At least I think that's what's happening.

At the moment I've changed the Atelier error handler to display a simple AUTOSAVE message. It looks the part, but it's clumsy. You are defaulted to that file index and are able to overwrite it with a new save. 

I'm not good with coding so I'm hoping someone can help me solve this ugliness. The two solutions I can think of would be;

1/ Find a way to get Todds script to run the data gathering from Ateliers' script. So that it saves with all the expected variables.

2/ Alter Mogs script to disable saving to the first slot, and begin with the second slot selected instead.

The relevant scripts are;

1. MOG_Scene_FILE_A (from the Master 10 Demo)
  2. DT's Autosave

Schplee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so it turns out the Atelier script uses globals after all. I was able to fix the formatting simply by changing Todds script to reflect this;

Code:
 #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Save header writer
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def self.make_save_header
      header = {}
      header[:characters] = $game_party.characters_for_savefile
      header[:playtime_s] = $game_system.playtime_s
      header[:playtime] = $game_system.playtime
      header[:map_name] = $game_map.display_name
      header[:members] = $game_party.members
      header
  end

So now when I walk out onto a regional map, I get a nicely formatted Autosave to file slot #1. However, like JAD94's post here, I would still like to know how to reserve the first slot so that it cannot be overwritten. Or at least have the save dialogue opening to the next available slot...

Any ideas?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
GZZPUeX.png

Overflow Form
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NittlesAndQuimps