[ACE] Battle System designed for Fighting Style Games

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by Kensoloko, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Kensoloko

Kensoloko Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    _Battle System i designed for Fighting style games.
    _Demo: https://mega.co.nz/#!3d8RzKLY!uJQkRWCjSz6ZwAhsk_vGkbYhZJKwfGFMChcBdKKR5j4

_Credit: I created this system using:

Theolized Sideview Battle System from TheoAllen,

Battle Engine, Input Combo Skill, Follow-Up Skill from Yanfly,

Some other scripts which are written by me to change Battle UI when use with Battle Engine.
    Spritesheet of battlers are from King of Fighter.

_Introduction
    Version 1.0: Each actor start to choose Styles/Guard at the beginning of their turn.
    Styles: include 3 styles: Balance (actor can attack once in his turn and choose to guard 1 position), Attack (actor cant guard but ATK, Crit, Accu are increased), Defend (actor cant attack in his turn but can choose to guard 3 positions)
    After that actor will have to choose his guard positions: Hand or Foot in Top, Bottom or Middle position.
    For example if actor guard Hand Top and enemy use skill type Hand Top, actor will parry and damage taken will be reduced by 50%.
    Enemy also automatically guard before attacking.
    Skills that enemy use to attack at or defend a position cant be predicted.

Version 1.1: Added new type of skill: Ultimate, which cost TP (in game is Heat) for each battler.
    Heat can be gained when batttler is Hit, Evade or Parry an attack. 
    Enemy also has a Heat's Bar, which show its current Heat for player to predict when it will use its Ultimate, (in video Kim Kaphwan will use his Ultimate when he reaches 20 Heat)
    Enemy has only 1 Ultimate to attack, but actor has 2 Ultimate: 1 to attack and 1 to defend.

Version 1.2: Fix bugs when sometimes enemy doesnt Guard before attack and sometimes actor Parries attack even when he didnt guard.

Changed tottaly gameplay in battle: in order to Attack or Guard, player has to input the right combos sequences.

Version 1.3: Fix bugs related to Parry when attack misses or is evaded.

Replaced static enemy with animated one.

New feature: There are 50% chance when enemy Parries an actor's attack, he will Counterattack, using the SAME SKILL that actor used.

Actor can choose Guard Position to Parry this Counterattack.

_Videos:

Version 1.3:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    TheoAllen likes this.
  2. Kensoloko

First Language:
    English
    _Updated to version 1.2: 

Changed tottaly gameplay in battle: in order to Attack or Guard, player has to input the right combos sequences.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is this a script you're sharing? A script you're developing? A system you're going to share? Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in Game Mechanics Design. One you explain WHY you're posting this, we'll know where to move it to.

4. Kensoloko

First Language:
    English
    Its a system that im going to share, i reported a wrong reply yesterday, but only that reply is need to be deleted.

I thought this belong to Game Mechanic Design, i dont know where to move it to ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  5. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    HOLY CRAPOLA that is awesome! I've been trying to write a fighting game system in ruby for the past 2 years (my skills arent the best...)

If this were avaiable commercially, i'd so throw money... XD

Kensoloko likes this.
  6. Kensoloko

First Language:
    English
    Thanks  :D , but im not a scripter so unfortunately this system so far works only for specific battlers, it cant be used for all actors/enemies generally.

7. Kensoloko

First Language:
    English
    _Updated to version 1.3:

Fix bugs related to Parry when attack misses or is evaded.

Replaced static enemy with animated one.

New feature: There are 50% chance when enemy Parries an actor's attack, he will Counterattack, using the SAME SKILL that actor used.

Actor can choose Guard Position to Parry this Counterattack.