[ACE] Custom Gallery Menu w/ Unlockable Extras Wanted!

Halfmoon Media

Illustrator, Eventer, Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've always been a fan of games that let you unlock movies and pictures as you go and I know I'm not the only one. I'd love to give my players the same experience, if that's something they'd like.

I am looking for an Extras Menu from which you can select: Movies, Pictures, or Music. These 4 scenes should all appear and function similar to each other, which is why I am grouping them in one request. It's probably easier to do the 4 scenes in separate scripts, but that is up to the scripter, since you will know better than I.

All of the scenes will follow the same general layout

• Help Text located at the top.
  • A left hand list that should be scrollable with at least 1-2 lines of buffer at the top (between the list and the help text) and the bottom (between the list and the bottom of the screen)
  • Each option in that list should have a thumbnail image that will change on the right-hand side as you scroll.IE, cursor hovers on "Movies," the image is a film reel. If the cursor is on "Pictures," the image is a digital camera, etc.
[*]Options on the main menu and sound menu should be unlockable with a switch
[*]Extras in each sub menu (movies, pictures, sounds) should also be unlockable with a switch
[*]All scenes should be compatible with GDS Picture Menu scriptOther notes:

• If an Extra is not yet unlocked, the text should display "?????" and be grayed out.
  • Map music should stop on Sounds and Movies menus but still play/resume on the Main Extras Menu/Pictures MenuPressing Z on a movie will play the movie; pressing X will stop the movie and go back to the sub-menu
  • Pressing Z on a song will play the song; pressing X will stop the song
  • Pressing Z on a picture will view the image at full size (640x480 instead of just the thumbnail); pressing X goes back to the sub-menuZooming capabilities are NOT required or wanted
[*]Sub-Menus will have a "category" window that will display above the thumbnail
[*]In the 3 sub-menus, "Q" & "W" will change the category (Ex, Dungeon music, battle music, town music, theme music, etc...)
  • All files (movies, pictures, and sounds) can be assigned to a category
  • All files must have a display name which is different than the file name
[*]​I really like DiamondandPlatinum3's approach to their sound system, specifically the file set-up in the script itself, if that helps at all
[*]Main Menu compatibility is not necessary
[*]I must be able to specify the folder that the files are stored in (too many files floating around gets very annoying and very confusing)
  • Preferably, all three file types (movies, songs, pictures) can be stored in 3 separate folders. Not the end of the world if not
If I was unclear on anything, please let me know and I will do my best to explain things better   :)     Super basic Mock-Ups are attached as thumbnails.

Basic information about the game I am using this for can be found in my signature until I make a proper post for it.

If this project proves more difficult than initially anticipated, or should other various circumstances occur, this will change to a paid commission.  Scripters may also PM me regarding making this a paid commission with a fair price offer and an example or two of their previous works.

Extras Main-Menu.jpg

Extras Sub-Menu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think I could do this but I would only be willing to even attempt it on a commission basis as this is an epic and largely complex request.

Halfmoon Media

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"Scripters may also PM me regarding making this a paid commission with a fair price offer and an example or two of their previous works."

I don't have any problem with that.

Halfmoon Media

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This thread has been resolved, so it can be closed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS