Balrogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE: Current version now 1.0c

If you're using the old version re-visit the link below and download the updated version. Follow the instructions in the 1.0c changelog if you have save games from version 1.0b.

1.0c changelog

Fixed a bug introduced with 1.0b. D'oh!
Updated switches to use symbols instead of strings.

Removed a bunch of redundant code.

If you have any existing saves from 1.0b then you need to run the following in a script call then re-save your game before using the script:

Balrogic::Teleport::update
1.0b changelog

Circumvented bug that would prevent intended use with saved games.
Added feature to enable/disable teleport system at will.

Separated text functions into seperate module.

Upgraded self-switches, they will now accept any value instead of just true/false.

Easy Teleport is a script designed to add a teleport system into your game with minimal configuration of the teleport list or it's handling. It primarily consists of a module and three overwritten methods in Game_ChoiceList. Two destination lists, one that's sorted and one that adds locations first come first served. Destinations are added via events triggering a script call. The unsorted list can operate with zero arguments for a fairly painless game integration while the sorted list requires a number argument for sorting priority at minimum. Destinations are added with the current map's display name at the player's current map and location unless that behavior is overridden with additional arguments within the script call. Instructions are in the script.

In most cases I don't expect people to set more than a custom name for the teleport locations. Easy enough to change Balrogic::Teleport::nosetup to Balrogic::Teleport::nosetup("Different Name")

Link: http://pastebin.com/p19fzw5Z

Things to look out for: Make sure you set a display name for a map OR manually designate the teleport name in your script call. Otherwise you're going to have a blank teleport entry.

TODO: Add debug feature to help isolate and repair naming errors. Add feature to disable/re-enable specific teleport destinations on demand. Add feature to migrate old teleport destinations to different map in case area is updated to a different map due to plot developments.

Feel free to request any additional functional or convenience features!

I attached a screenshot with an example of what you might expect to see when teleporting if you use the script. Of course, I expect you would have far more original names for your locations!

Easy Teleport Example.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tearsofthenight

Evil Sorcerer/Mystic Key Stealer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice Script!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Suggestion:

It is always nice to add terms of use and if credit is needed, give also info on how you wanna be credited, for example:

"Easy Teleport Script by Balrogic".

;)

Interesting idea.

Balrogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Credit is optional and that can be used in any type of RM project free of charge. If I do get credited then credit my forum username. Those are my default terms and apply to anything I post unless otherwise stated. I'm not allergic to money though, so if anyone ever decides they want to throw some cash at me they can always PM me to set it up. :p

Edit: Glad you like the idea, though. I realize there's another teleport script but... I figure if this one's good enough it can potentially save dozens of hours of time checking, re-checking and constantly messing with a fully manual list. It's really easy to drag events around a map if you change your mind about where to put it, too. Productivity! Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:

emha eff

Galaxian Hitchhiker
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hello, there.

I just tried your script and found that whenever the player interacted with the teleporter event and pressed ESC, an error occured.

It said that: Script 'Easy Teleport' line 86: RangeError occured. bignum too big to convert into 'long'

Is there any way to fix it? :|

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hgrreese