Ace Graphic: Black Fog

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Coy0te, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Coy0te

Coy0te Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Maker Format: VXAce
    Hey everyone, I can't seem to find a good black fog graphic to use with RAFAEL_SOL_MAKER's ACE PERFECT FOG v1.0.

I use one of Heisenman's fogs shown below for part of a map I'm working on, and the grainy effect is just what I need (not sure if my attachment is working properly, if it's not, the graphic I use is the yellow one in the link). Only problem is, I can't figure out how to make it black, even using the change_fog_tone command in Rafael's script.
    The post for Heisenman's fogs is this link: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/heisenmans-fogs.27419/
    They are free to use in commercial and non-commercial games, provided that credit is given.

If anyone is able to make this fog black, or to provide an alternative black fog, I would really appreciate it.
    To sum up, what I'm looking for is a sandstorm graphic, only black instead of sand color.

First post, so I hope I put enough detail and am following all the forum rules. I followed the resource posting guide so I think I'mgood

Fog test1.png

2. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    You don't need to recolor it. Just set blending type to Sub and it'll be black fog. Since you use a script, you might want to read the instruction to learn how to change blending type to sub :)

Coy0te likes this.
  3. Coy0te

Coy0te Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Dan the man! You're absolutely right, this gave me a nice, grainy black fog. I knew how to change blending type, but I had no idea what that actually meant lol. Thanks very much for the suggestion, I've got what I need now.

4. callmedan

callmedan Friendly Stranger Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    @Coy0te You're welcome! :) If you want a little brighter fog, you could use black and white fog image instead of sand color fog image.

5. Coy0te

Coy0te Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @callmedan Yep, I'm going to play around with a couple of Heineman's fogs now, just to see which one fits best. Thanks again :D

callmedan likes this.