[ACE] Have it so the starting battle or returning to map after battle doesn't fade the screen in?

shiori4me

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to have it so that I fade the screen out then start a battle and it will stay that way until I manually turn it back on,

or if I fade out the screen mid-battle, I can have it so that when I return to the field, the screen will stay faded out until I change it. This is for special events and scene transfers.

I don't know how to accomplish this.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I think you need to modify the Map transfert setting I don't remember to much wich place you have this and I don't have rpg maker near to me but I think you will need to modify the map transfert

shiori4me

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I found was

class Scene_Battle < Scene_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Pre-Termination Processing #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def pre_terminate super Graphics.fadeout(30) if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Map) Graphics.fadeout(60) if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Title) endand the rest is on Scene_Map. It looks like it fades in when the game is loaded or a battle has ended, but it doesn't seem to differenciate between the two

class Scene_Map < Scene_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Execute Transition # Performs a fade in when the screen has been blacked out, such as # immediately after a battle or load. #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def perform_transition if Graphics.brightness == 0 Graphics.transition(0) fadein(fadein_speed) else super end end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Get Transition Speed #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def transition_speed return 15 end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Pre-Termination Processing #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def pre_terminate super pre_battle_scene if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle) pre_title_scene if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Title) end
So, what, would I go

class Scene_Map < Scene_Base #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Execute Transition # Performs a fade in when the screen has been blacked out, such as # immediately after a battle or load. #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def perform_transition if Graphics.brightness == 0 && !SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle) Graphics.transition(0) fadein(fadein_speed) else super end end ? And I don't know what "super" means for if the !SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle) returns false

Getting rid of by #-ing out

Graphics.fadeout(30) if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Map)allows for me to have it so that the screen doesn't fade in after battle (which is awesome because now I can make it so that say you lose a battle to someone and next thing you realize, you're in a cell), but I can't seem to get it to where it doesn't auto fade in when a battle starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evgenij

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here you go:

module Battle_Transition   # Turn On Switch ID  SWITCH = 1   # If this switch will be turned on, there will be no transition endclass Scene_Map  alias :sm_12_pbt_e222         :perform_battle_transition  def perform_battle_transition    return if $game_switches[Battle_Transition::SWITCH]    sm_12_pbt_e222  endendclass Scene_Battle  alias :sb_12_pt_e222          :pre_terminate  def pre_terminate    if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Map) && $game_switches[Battle_Transition::SWITCH]      return super    else      sb_12_pt_e222    end  endendWith the keyword "super" you call the method of the parent-class.

In your example it would call the "perform_transition" function of Scene_Base

Last edited by a moderator:

shiori4me

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That didn't work for me. On a fresh project I faded out the screen, turned the switch on, then went into battle, and the screen faded in automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

Last part of OcRam Obfuscator sneek peaks!
YES! officially released my games soundtrack on Itunes, Spotify, and Amazon..... kinda cool!

Another old age version of Reid. Trying out different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradzackyle