Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The tutorial provided with the script states the following:

Assuming you have two states Weak Poison (12) and Strong Poison (13), you can
create a conditional state (14) that will add Strong Poison if Weak Poison is
already applied, or apply Weak Poison otherwise.

<conditional state>
if a.state?(12)
else
end
</conditional state>

However, the above only works with two states. I would like to use this script to make a conditional state that "stacks" five times. For example: On the first usage of a skill, "State 1" should be applied, then on the second usage, if state 1 is on the target, "State 2" should be applied, then on the third usage, if State 2 is on the target, "State 3 should be applied and so on until "State 5" is reached. I attempted to accomplish this on my own, but would get an error when I tried to apply the state in battle. Can anyone provide assistance?

Link to the script: http://himeworks.com/2014/01/conditional-states/

Last edited by a moderator:

EatYourBeetS

The Abysswalker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
How did you try to accomplish that? It should be quite simple with elsif:

Code:
if a.state?(15)16elsif a.state?(14)15elsif a.state?(13)14elsif a.state?(12)13else12end

Last edited by a moderator:

ProtoflareX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How did you try to accomplish that? It should be quite simple with elsif:

if a.state?(15)16elsif a.state?(14)15elsif a.state?(13)14elsif a.state?(12)13else12end
This works perfectly, thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Big Google Warning Today for chrome users - apparently some kind of security threat has happened and everyone is being advised to update their Chrome browser ASAP by going to settings and/or "About Google Chrome", to update their browser version to a new one just released.
Firefox pointed me to a little inspiration: https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/writers-maps

So, I shared. :D
To be released 2021/10/21
Now that I made this "What the MZ RTP is missing" spreadsheet it's itching me to fill some the gaps D:
Aaaaand I completely forgot about the RMMV Chicken Rave my brother decided to implement in a parody of my VERY FIRST UNFINISHED project. We could not escape the chicken rave... The chickens would block the ladder...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viobat